x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Sync your Jornada (and others?) w/BELKIN USB to Serial Adapter

Hal Page Icon Posted 2010-01-01 11:47 AM
#
H/PC Elite

My XP laptop and Acer netbook don't have a DB9 serial connection, so I roamed the aisles of Frys Electronics over the holidays, bought a Belkin "USB-to Serial Portable Adapter F5U409" for $20, installed the s/w from the CD, and works great...sync'ed the first time. Now all I need to sync the Jornada 69x or 72x is this adapter and my HP DB9 serial cable. Of course I could still use a USB connection with the 72x cradle.

After I got home I found the same in bulk for less at:

http://cgi.ebay.com/BELKIN-USB-to-SERIAL-ADAPTER-Cable-for-PC-F5U109-F5U409_W0QQitemZ400071303835QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item5d261ba29b#ht_2397wt_1136

....but you have to download the manual and CD.

I am sure there are other brands that work, but this is my data point to share.

Edited by Hal 2010-01-01 11:53 AM
 Top of the page
Christopher Page Icon Posted 2010-01-01 7:01 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

What a great idea!

I use one of thos adapaters to sync my old PDA but never thought to try it with the Jornada.

Thank for the tip!

Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2010-01-02 5:39 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Hal, are you interested in writing a formal review on it? I'll get it published in the reviews section if you are.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-01-02 5:49 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I've been using a USB-to-serial adapter for a long time. One of the few things XP doesn't support natively; it does require installing the driver even in XP.

I like how the eBay listing linked above mentions the term "Handheld PC," though.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 10