x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Sigmarion III program problem

Slycarter Page Icon Posted 2010-01-04 4:13 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Hi,
I was surfing the web with my Sigmarion III and suddenly the connection stuck.
I soft resetted and then on desktop I noticed some program link to be broken and also into start/program menu.
I checked link path but everything seems to be ok.
This program are all on SD Card, but it is present and browseable but even programs can't be loaded.
It is very strange and after several soft reset nothing has changed.
For example, in SD Card/SoftMaker there are PlanMaker and TextMaker but only the first one is unloadable.
How to get rid of this problem?
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2010-01-09 4:26 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Most likely you got a file system failure. Most probably you won't be able to restore corrupted files.

The surest way to fix all possible errors is to backup all files, format the card and copy them back. You will need to copy corrupted files from somewhere else.

Also it's better to close any editing programs before reset if it's possible.

Edited by Alt Bass 2010-01-09 4:27 AM
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2010-01-09 8:08 AM
#
H/PC Elder

I had this happen once or twice when I was using a slower SD card mostly when using qmail3..

When I got a faster SD card I never suffered this problem again.

Just a thought, not sure if it is connected with the problem you saw.

John
 Top of the page
Slycarter Page Icon Posted 2010-01-10 7:21 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I tried to copy all content of SD on my notebook but it seems that something has messed up onto the Sd itself because even Windows Xp return error on coping files.
In fact I hard resetted my Sig3 and reinserted the Sd but even if some programs didn't need to be installed (like Planmaker) the program still was broken, maybe because former errors messed them up.

So I have to formata Sd card and reinstall/copy everything on it. Till now everything seems to work.
Maybe my SD is passing through.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 10