x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Skinning CE 4.2 on a SIMPAD

1 2 3
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-06-18 9:01 AM
#
H/PC Elder

C:Amie - 2005-06-18 5:21 AM

Takwu, what you get up to in your own time is entirly your own business

Is there actually a working - not hacked Flash redist for 4.2? I didn't tihnk there was a legit one.

4.2 also comes with WinScript 5.6 (JS and VBS) and the XML implimentation. 4.1 uses the 5.5 release which comes with CE3 and 4.0.

I was thinking if I could do a bin image with Platform Builder 5.0 and use CE.NET 5.0 on it? Surely 5.0 would have the WLAN drivers right? C:Amie, what do ya think?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-06-18 9:44 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I'm with you, behind you and ready to tackle PB with you all the way up to the WLAN drivers, which may need to be sourced from Intersil, ntably if you want the application layer.
The PB does hold more diverse range of drivers SysChip SDIO were a high profile addition to the driver library.

Cisco 340/350, WPC-11, Netgear NA521 and Microsoft's MN-520 are others.
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-06-18 10:35 AM
#
H/PC Elder

C:Amie - 2005-06-18 7:44 AM

I'm with you, behind you and ready to tackle PB with you all the way up to the WLAN drivers, which may need to be sourced from Intersil, ntably if you want the application layer.
The PB does hold more diverse range of drivers SysChip SDIO were a high profile addition to the driver library.

Cisco 340/350, WPC-11, Netgear NA521 and Microsoft's MN-520 are others.

Thanks C:Amie! ... The only drawback with building an image myself is 1) Time 2) Time and 3) Missing out on the Siemens custom apps.

Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-06-18 11:28 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Grab me when you're about on IM, and we'll have a chat :-)
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-06-18 12:21 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

takwu - 2005-06-18 12:00 PM

Host and client
Master and slave

ahem, you might have a point there, but it wasn't me who invented the "usb slave" expression, it's used often so i thought it was OK..
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-06-18 12:26 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Snappy! - 2005-06-18 3:01 PM

I was thinking if I could do a bin image with Platform Builder 5.0 and use CE.NET 5.0 on it? Surely 5.0 would have the WLAN drivers right? C:Amie, what do ya think?

haha, another great project? it isn't that easy but you shouldn't give up too soon
 Top of the page
NightLord
NightLord Page Icon Posted 2005-06-18 7:50 PM
#
I have yet to come across a web page that has problems with the 5.5 IE that comes with CE.Net 4.1
Nontheless such sites probably exist, so it realy is a question of what do intend to use the device for (i.e. what sites willl you be looking at via the simpad).
Anyways, I think the way to reach best web-browsing experience (at home) is to use remote desktop.
 Top of the page
NightLord
NightLord Page Icon Posted 2005-06-18 7:52 PM
#
Well, you would have to figure it out how to "format" the image in a way that the siemens bootloader accepts it. Any ideas concerning that?
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-06-18 8:24 PM
#
H/PC Elder

NightLord - 2005-06-18 5:52 PM

Well, you would have to figure it out how to "format" the image in a way that the siemens bootloader accepts it. Any ideas concerning that?

I would think that the nk.bin file generated by Platform Builder would be ok. Only quirk is getting the right driver in the image so that at least the whole device will work.

As of now, I got my WLAN CF card running on CE.NET 4.1 and like you, do find it more than sufficient for web browsing. So ... ...
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-06-19 4:05 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

NightLord - 2005-06-19 1:50 AM

Anyways, I think the way to reach best web-browsing experience (at home) is to use remote desktop.

i tell you again that it's great not only at home but at wifi hotspots too, my 24 K/s upload is really enough for me

regarding the other issue.. i'm *very* curious whether the bootloader problem can be solved
 Top of the page
NightLord
NightLord Page Icon Posted 2005-06-19 6:52 AM
#
Well the bootloader simply refused to accept the file I created with the platform builder.
Which is a pitty, because drivers do not seem that much of a problem - the MQ200 display adapter driver is included in the platform builder, so what else may be missing?

Dont you wanna reconsider taking a look at that platform builder ?
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2005-06-19 7:31 AM
#
H/PC Elder

cmonex - 2005-06-18 9:21 AM
. . . it wasn't me who invented the "usb slave" expression, it's used often so i thought it was OK..

Reeeeally...
I have always worked with "USB clients" but never spotted any "usb slave" before
Just plug it into a free USB slot and you have a slave for your computer!
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-06-19 11:28 AM
#
H/PC Elder

NightLord - 2005-06-19 4:52 AM

Well the bootloader simply refused to accept the file I created with the platform builder.
Which is a pitty, because drivers do not seem that much of a problem - the MQ200 display adapter driver is included in the platform builder, so what else may be missing?

Dont you wanna reconsider taking a look at that platform builder ?

NightLord, which/what bootloader did you use? I use serload.exe for loading bin images to the SL4.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-06-19 12:58 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

takwu - 2005-06-19 1:31 PM

Reeeeally...
I have always worked with "USB clients" but never spotted any "usb slave" before

you don't need to believe me but on pda forums, it's a common expression.
good joke ...
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-06-19 2:09 PM
#
H/PC Elder

cmonex - 2005-06-19 10:58 AM

takwu - 2005-06-19 1:31 PM

Reeeeally...

you don't need to believe me but on pda forums, it's a common expression.
good joke ...

Actually, Master/Slave terminology is very common in PC. eg, Master/Slave settings for *all* IDE drives. So I would not be surprised if it is interchangeably used with Host/Client!
 Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 69 - Executed queries : 9