x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Mobile Pro 780 charing problems

Morbo Page Icon Posted 2005-06-16 8:11 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I purchased a MP780 off of ebay recently and it worked great until the main battery lost it's charge. Now I am unable to charge the battery, in fact the unit itself shows no signs of life at all now. I am guessing the built-in battery charger is dead but I'm not really sure. Anyone seen this problem before? Could it be related to the backup battery dying? I believe it was showing as "very low" when the system was operating.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2005-06-17 6:08 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

The backup battery will not affect the unit's operation other than maintaining settings once they have been set. You should be able to operate the 780 off the a/c adapter whether the main battery is present or not. If it doesn't turn on at all, then there is something wrong with the unit.

If it runs off a/c but dies as soon as you unplug the adapter, then you in fact have a battery problem. The question then becomes, what is causing the battery to fail, the battery itself is bad? Or is the the charging circuitry within the Mobilepro.

Only one way to tell...get another battery, or try your battery in someone elses 780, which for most of us is impossible because we don't know anyone living nearby who has a Mobilepro.

Rich
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 59 - Executed queries : 9