x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

networking my 680

Tankusaz Page Icon Posted 2005-06-17 8:43 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

got a 680. no sync cable. tried to wire it with my belkin f5d5020. i have a lighted dongle which shows connection, right? well pc says a cable is disconnected and bad connectivity. i have a thinkpad t21 with xp on it. i also have tried wireless internet over my dsl with a netgear 401b and that is fine, get on the net great, but cant establish a wireless connection with my mother pc dell 2400 that is connected to the router. any help would be appreciated or am i passing gas in the wind without syncing first??? thanks mucho, Steve Davis
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-06-17 10:28 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

you need to sync first and establish a partnership. try syncing via irda, your thinkpad might have one
 Top of the page
Tankusaz Page Icon Posted 2005-06-17 10:32 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

thanks cmonex, i have tried infared, didnt work. my sis said i was not doing it correctly so i am going to try it this afternoon. thanks much for the reply. i need all the help i can get. Steve
 Top of the page
Tankusaz Page Icon Posted 2005-06-17 10:40 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

p.s. my sis says to initiate the infared sync from the jornada. is this the procedure? thanks much, Steve
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-06-17 10:59 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

i'm not sure, as i never tried infrared sync, but it's worth a try doesn't the manual or activesync help say anything about it?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-06-17 11:59 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

You have to initiate it from the H/PC.
There are guides in support on IR and the H/PC. Also on networking and LAN share access.
 Top of the page
Tankusaz Page Icon Posted 2005-06-17 1:13 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

i appreciate all the help. i will give them a go this p.m. after work. thanks agian for a great forum, Steve
 Top of the page
Tankusaz Page Icon Posted 2005-06-17 3:36 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Just set up a infared connection and it worked flawlessly. I must have not did it in the right order or something. "Thanks again for all the help. I am going to try the wired ethernet connection next. Wish me luck, thanks much, Steve
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 65 - Executed queries : 9