x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Bluetooth solution for J690

skywalker
skywalker Page Icon Posted 2005-06-17 11:47 AM
#
Hi all,

Just wondering is there any way to use Bluetooth on Jornada 690? I've been looking for quite a long time without any luck. The HCL says that AmbiCom BT200-CF can do support for Win CE 2.0, 2.11 and above but it seems the driver for Win CE 2.x only available for MIPS and ARM processor only

Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-06-17 11:57 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Your only option then is socket's - also with beta drivers
 Top of the page
anakin
anakin Page Icon Posted 2005-06-19 6:15 AM
#
Hi, now I'm officialy registered to this magnificent forum Is the driver for WinCE 2.11 comes with Socket Bluetooth Compact Flash CD in the sales package or I have to look for it somewhere else? The beta driver is it the one that I can download from the HCL page?

Thanks.

Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-06-19 9:17 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I don't believe it comes on the package CD no. As you've seen, it's in the HCL.

Welcome to the forums.
 Top of the page
anakin
anakin Page Icon Posted 2005-06-20 9:41 PM
#
Driver listed in the HCL says that it won't support Activesync via Bluetooth, it's fine for me. My question is, can I use this driver for dialing GPRS connection via Bluetooth with cell phone? If yes, this might be my life savior, what type/vendor of cell phone you would recommend for this purpose?

Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-06-30 11:59 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

if you still need an answer: yes, quite likely you can almost any phone will work fine, though i'd recommend the ericssons/sonyericssons. they were one of those who invented bluetooth and they've always been great at it. nokia on the other hand would not accept the standard for a long time, and they can still be unreliable. but it depends on the exact model. another advantage of (S)E is that they usually don't need an init string to be entered on the hpc. nokias do require it often.
 Top of the page
anakin
anakin Page Icon Posted 2005-07-01 6:57 AM
#
Thanks cmonex for the respond!
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 43 - Executed queries : 26