x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Quickpad (English version) - where?

MrSB Page Icon Posted 2010-02-08 3:14 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Hi,

I've been using my J728 for a couple weeks and so far am very much satisfied. One of the applications I like most is the bundled Quickpad, which enables me to write anything in the same place and then ship them to datebook, address, todo, email, word, etc. A very handy universal "inbox". However mine is a Japanese machine and so the interface is all in Jap. I wonder if someone could tell me where to find the English version. I am not aware of any source for this oldie program. I have thought of translating it myself, but got stuck simply because I don't know Japanese. Or perhaps someone could refer me to the english translation of the menu and then I will do the localization. If successful sure I would share this here. Thanks in advance!

SB
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-02-08 5:08 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

It'd be better to get the English ROM, so that no RAM space is used up by the localization/translation files. (QuickPad is of course bundled in ROM.) Maybe you'll find a 728 motherboard on eBay cheap - like from a unit with a broken display.
 Top of the page
MrSB Page Icon Posted 2010-02-08 10:39 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Yes, I know replacing the rom is one solution. But it is hard to come by. It's a pity that CAuser's deal has already ended.
There's another one, but the bidding now goes 36 bucks something. I guess the final deal would be around 40, which would be half of the cost of my 728. I want to keep things cheap and use as little as possible to do as much as my 728 can.
Actually I don't mind doing the localization manually. It won't take much space for just one app. The thing is where and how to start.
I used the English UI from Izemise's site. It's very cool but after installing the J freezes a lot (several times a day) and it's a tough decision to remove it.
 Top of the page
MrSB Page Icon Posted 2010-02-10 1:51 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Nevermind. After a bit of searching in the forum I found what I want in an old post.
J720 ROM dump:
http://www.jax184.com/projects/Jornada/ROM%20Dump/
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 9