x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

NSIcom CrEmE on a Jornada 728

Synthead Page Icon Posted 2010-02-08 4:20 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I have been googling for a while about getting a decent Java VM on my Jornada 728 (or 720, doesn't matter...), and it seems like everyone and their dog is running NSIcom CrEmE, but to no avail can I find a guide on how to install it! On nsicom.com, it only lists CE.NET 4.2 as the earliest compatible device. I installed it anyway, and when I try to run it, it gives me an error message stating 'Cannot find 'Creme.exe' or one of its components, something or rather (I just uninstalled it, so I'm trying to recall it from memory). So ... what's going on? How do I get CrEmE working on the 720/728 running only HPC2000?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-02-09 1:18 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I haven't tried CrEmE, since the onboard Chai VM, while far from the greatest Java VM, has been satisfactory to meet my minimal Java needs (actually, just wants really ) - so I'm not aware offhand what it needs in the way of DLLs. But you can check it with Executability Check on the 728. Executability Check can be downloaded here:

http://www.geocities.co.jp/SiliconValley-Cupertino/2039/
 Top of the page
ntware Page Icon Posted 2010-02-11 2:22 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Probably you can have success using RedGear compatibility layer. I installed it on my J728 and many programs for WM2003 and CE .net works on my J728.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 59 - Executed queries : 10