x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

DOSBox on Linux - Jornada 728

Hal Page Icon Posted 2010-02-12 5:57 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Has anybody installed the DOS emulator, DOSBox, on any of the userland installations? If so, would be interested in the particulars so we can get it running.

A developer friend has successfully run some TI99-4A DOS programs in DOSBox on the Jornada 728 and is interested in trying the Linux environment to do some performance testing.

Thanks, Hal
 Top of the page
nathanpc Page Icon Posted 2010-02-12 8:34 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I haven't tried this already, but you can request it. Also, I can take a look on the code and try to port it for you.
 Top of the page
Hal Page Icon Posted 2010-02-12 10:24 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Ok...I made the request....thanks!!!!!

Just curious: How does such an "add-on" get implemented? Is it rolled into mongo, or does the user do something to "install" it into an existing mongo release?

Also, RTFM mentioned how to do a screen capture. How does one find out about other mongo features/functions and their syntax??

Edited by Hal 2010-02-12 10:28 PM
 Top of the page
nathanpc Page Icon Posted 2010-02-13 1:28 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

You're welcome!

You just need a ARM cross-compiled gcc to compile all, if you got errors on the compile, you just need to change some lines, adapt some headers, then when it compiles you just need to have the required library's on your Mongo and all will be ok.
 Top of the page
Hal Page Icon Posted 2010-02-14 3:27 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Ok, Nathanpc. In case you missed it, my post on JLime is:

Requesting DOSBox to run on mongo and the Jornada 7xx. This is a DOS emulator and can allow many DOS programs to be useful again.

The source appears to be here:

http://www.dosbox.com/wiki/BuildingDOSBox

Thanks... ,

Hal

PS I found some remnants on this site (like an ipk doc) of what looks like DOSBox, but no definitive info on whether it exists or was requested previously.
 Top of the page
Hal Page Icon Posted 2010-02-14 10:40 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Got a reply with a link to an install for DOSBox...already been done!!!

I downloaded the link provided by B_Lizzard and with ipkg install <...> it installed and runs from a Terminal session on mongo...thanks. There are issues, like it runs off the bottom of the screen, so can't see typing or system response in DOSBox without paging down some afterwords, but at least there is something to experiment with.

Anybody have any tips for eliminating the run-off-the-screen problem in DOSBox

Thanks, Hal

Edited by Hal 2010-02-14 10:43 PM
 Top of the page
Christopher Page Icon Posted 2010-02-23 3:57 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Linux/DOSBOX users.

Have DSOXBOX running under Linux on the Jornada 728.

I need to edit the file called DOSBOX.CONF, but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 1.562 - Cached queries : 65 - Executed queries : 8