x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Commands for Working with the Contents of Multiple Partitions - Jlime

Hal Page Icon Posted 2010-02-15 7:01 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Hi,

I have Jlime Mongo running on my Jornada 728 and of course by default can easily work with the contents of the linux partition (hda2) on the CF.

I would like to view and copy over some of the content of the FAT16 partition, similar to what I do in Ubuntu and PuppyLinux, but I see no GUI for doing that in Jlime. If there is no GUI, what commands do I do in a Terminal session to get to the contents of /dev/hda1? I have tried to use variations of mount /dev/.... but get nowhere.

Thanks,

Linux/Unix Rusty Hal

=======================================================================
PS

I figured it out:

In a terminal session type cd /media/cf to get to that partition. Is there a GUI anywhere in jlime for this?

Edited by Hal 2010-02-15 7:24 PM
 Top of the page
Hal Page Icon Posted 2010-02-23 2:29 PM
#
H/PC Elite

After some research, I discovered that you can copy files from the CF to/from the Linux partition using the linux commands in a terminal session-

cp /media/cf/<filename> ...where this is the main CF slot on the Jornada 7xx and the destination is the current directory

cp /media/hdc1/<filename> ...where hdc1 is the PC Card (PCMCIA) slot to the current directory (or specify one like /home/root)
 Top of the page
Hal Page Icon Posted 2010-02-24 3:20 PM
#
H/PC Elite

The Midnight Commander (mc), executable in Jlime, also allows you to copy and manipulate files without command line entry requirements.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 8