x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

English PIM suite for Smartbook g138

1 2
rgisondi Page Icon Posted 2010-02-18 12:45 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Gemini PIMS works wonderflully on that device.

Downloadfrom here: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/handheldPCs/files/
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-02-18 4:43 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

This is a very nice PIM replacement for CE 4.x .net and newer devices. I use it in all my CE 4.x .net devices, as well as my ViewSonic V212. These apps draw data directly from the built-in PIM databases on the device, so they synchronize seamlessly through the standard Outlook Calendar, Contacts, and Tasks conduits. And they look just like the built-in Pocket Outlook PIMs in H/PC 2000 and earlier.

IIRC, this PIM suite was originally written for Sigmarion III users.
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2010-02-19 10:55 AM
#
H/PC Elder

And don't think the english version is officially licensed either. So we may be treading a little on unstable ground.

I agree though, gemini pims is very nice (just it won't sync callendar items with Outlook 2003 or later).

John
 Top of the page
mscdex Page Icon Posted 2010-02-19 4:31 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

I gave this a try on my SmartQ (CE 6.0) and it didn't work. I open the executables in dependency walker and it said it was missing tnefutil.dll. I don't think that this device's CE image has the pim libraries built-in and I couldn't find the DLLs on cmonex's site or elsewhere
 Top of the page
livebox456 Page Icon Posted 2010-02-27 10:02 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi there...

I entered myself for a membership to the give yahoo group, so i have to wait
untill i have been accepted, in the mean while i googled arround to catch a copy
of the GEMini-Pims suite and i found one an english version through a chinese website.

However, i am able to install the .cab file (auto install in to the windows folder) and i get
the shortcutes on the desktop, but.... when i click on them i get "cannot find... bla bla, check
if the application name is correct or check for the correct libaries".

I own a (yes old-school on) Siemens Simpad SL 4 with CE.net 4.0 (cannot upgrade to 4.2 or
higher since i don't have the serial cable, only usb).

I was googeling arround and arround and arround, I know the GEMini suite is originally from
the Sigmarion 3, however, i also found proof that it is running on other CE H/PC's also.

But it seems no one has this "problem"???? Does anyone have an idea? I could not find any
thing, since that suite does not seem so popular, and the build-in Pocket On-Schedule version
is just horrible, they don't let you even upgrade to a newer version, since Siemens, "forgot" to
give there buyers a "password" to upgrade :-(

Ow, well guy, sorry for the nagg.. but i spend a week now searching for a PIM suite like GEMini
PIMS, but i am running out of options...., if someone has an idea... let me know, in the mean
whi;e i hope mike from Handheld PC's @ yahoo groups find the time to accep my membership :-D

Regards.... LBX456

Top of the page
mscdex Page Icon Posted 2010-02-28 3:58 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

@livebox456: Try extracting the cab with a utility like MSCEInf, copy the extracted contents to a storage card, and then try running them from the storage and see if that works.

Edited by mscdex 2010-02-28 3:59 AM
 Top of the page
livebox456 Page Icon Posted 2010-03-01 12:15 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

@mscdex:

Thank you for your help and advice, but that option did not work either, I was able to extract the .CAB file and placed the result onto my CF card, where I tried to run the give files. However, I still get the same message when I try to open one of the applications, like contacts.

The message it displays is: "Cannot find 'CONTACTS' (or one of its components). Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all the required libaries are available.

It is a bummer it does not work, I do like this suite since I have seen it in progress on an S3, and it fits nicely into the CE4.x enviroment.

So, what can the problem be? Might it be that my Simpad uses CE 4.0 and might it be that (in that time) Microsoft decided
to send out CE 4.0 without a good PIM suite (like on CE 3.0/HPC2000 systems) and misses the nescessary libaries?

The Simpad came with this Pocket On-Schedule, which i saw had an upgrade to 6.3.2, I tried to install that upgrade allready, however, the updater asks me for a password (which should have come with my version of POS), but i don't have this password, since my version of POS came build in to the Simpad's CE version.

I also tried to download a trial version of POS, that installed fine, but as it sayd, trial :-D.

I you have any more ideas or tips, then I am all ears, hahaha

Regards, livebox456
 Top of the page
livebox456 Page Icon Posted 2010-03-01 12:30 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

@mscdex:

I just read the post from CEGeek about the GEMini PIM and saw that the application, works with the build
in PIM libaries of his CE device, so that is my problem i think.
 Top of the page
mscdex Page Icon Posted 2010-03-01 2:34 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Yeah, it's the same scenario with the Netbook Pro. It comes with Pocket On-Schedule and lacks some of the PIM libraries. However, IIRC I was able to get a third party calendar software (CE Agenda) that uses the built-in PIM libraries to work after copying the needed missing DLLs. Try downloading executabilitycheck from cmonex's site here and open the gemini pim executables with it to see which libraries are missing, as well as if the OS version needs changing to fit your OS version.

Edited by mscdex 2010-03-01 2:35 PM
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2010-03-01 3:01 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Gemini pims installs some files to the windows directory...

You may need to move these from cf card to windows as well.

John
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-03-01 7:12 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

mscdex, I checked the GEMini PIM CAB file in a hexeditor, and all the files in the CAB show their OS version as 4.0, so that can't be the problem. Not having a CE 4.0 .net device (though I wouldn't mind having one - they're pretty rare), I don't know which, if any, DLLs are missing from livebox456's SIMpad. (My abducted SIMpad had the Mullenger upgrade to 4.2 .net on it, and I don't remember if I had a chance to install the GEMini PIMs on it during the six days I had it before it was stolen.)

BTW, GEMini PIMs run fine on my Netbook Pro.
 Top of the page
livebox456 Page Icon Posted 2010-03-01 7:59 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi guy's

Thank you all for your efforts, I will give it some more research in finding out how and what,
or just get me a more anno 2010 "simpad" with CE 6 on it, since my simpad starts to develope
a problem with the touch screen anyway.

It seems that it is not able to remember it's display calibration, after a while the display sensors
don't recognize my input "spot" somtimes.

I will keep you posted upon my research and work :-D.

Regards, livebox456
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-03-01 8:25 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

The touchscreen on the SIMpad seems to be an Achilles' heel. Several folks here have reported problems with it.
 Top of the page
livebox456 Page Icon Posted 2010-03-01 8:32 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

@ CE Geek,

I know, tell me about it , maybe that is why siemens "dumped" them so quickly hahaha
ow well, if it really should stop working then i can use it as a "picture frame" hehe

Regards, livebox456
 Top of the page
livebox456 Page Icon Posted 2010-03-04 12:30 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi guys,

No luck in any ot the given options to get the GEMini PIMS to work, to bad, but no problem... perhaps an upgrade to 4.2 or going back to H?PC2000 Professional would be an option since the "old" version at least have the PIM/Office suite standard build in to them hahaha....

I have a nother question though, perhaps you know a solution for it, i created a new threat in the CE4.x forum about it, the threat is called: SIMPAD USB (internet) network connection

Regards, livebox456
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 69 - Executed queries : 12