x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

English keymap setting/file for Japanese J728

MrSB Page Icon Posted 2010-02-19 4:52 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I am fortunate to be able to get a cheap J690 to swap it English keyboard with the original Japanese one on my J728. The English keyboard does feel better because they keys are slightly bigger and wider. But I have yet to find the way to fully adjust the key mapping according to the English keyboard layout.
Can I use the keyboard library from J720 (wxekbdrx.dll?) to overwrite the one in J728?
Is it possible to do it by registry editing?
Or is there a third party app that can manipulate the keymappings?
 Top of the page
MrSB Page Icon Posted 2010-03-13 1:41 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Found the answer. I feel obliged to put it here as I didn't do careful searching.

The best thing to do is to change both the language version (no localization) of the OS and the keymappings.
To change the native language, just swap in an English 728 ROM board. I did it and IT was dirt cheap...
There are at least two programs for modifying the keymappings: OKey Keyboard Remapper (freeware) and AEkeys (shareware).
 Top of the page
isotherm Page Icon Posted 2010-03-14 1:48 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Another option is that you can install an English (ABA or ABB) keyboard, which should be about $10 on eBay. Then you can download from cmonex's site the appropriate keyboard driver.
 Top of the page
MrSB Page Icon Posted 2010-03-29 5:30 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

isotherm - 2010-03-13 8:48 PM
Another option is that you can install an English (ABA or ABB) keyboard, which should be about $10 on eBay. Then you can download from cmonex's site the appropriate keyboard driver.

Earlier on I tried the English kb driver on my 728 with Japanese rom (tried both english and chinese UI localizations) and 690 keyboard. Still some keys are not mapped properly, like the last three app hot keys, the key to the right of spacebar and some punctuations. It is perfectly fine now an English rom and 690 keyboard.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.138 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 9