x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

J720 Battery Woes Continue

KBoyKool Page Icon Posted 2010-02-23 6:14 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Following my CRASH I have continued to have problems. I immediately replaced my backup battery, but ever since the crash I will randomly have a warning screen popup that my backup battery is expired and I will lose information. However, when I open HP Settings and check the Power Properties, my Backup Battery is always "Good". Any ideas?
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2010-02-23 6:25 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Probably just making intermittent connection with the contacts. Make sure they securely press against the battery. Might be a loose connection from the backup battery to the motherboards...
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-02-24 12:31 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Rich is right; that's a common problem with the J72x. To tighten the connection, remove the backup battery and try to bend the connection plate downward a bit, and then put the backup battery back in.
 Top of the page
MrSB Page Icon Posted 2010-02-24 1:52 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Perhaps you can clean the contacts with a little alcohol. A bit masking tape may also help fix the loose contacts.
This kind of battery issue also has occurred to me. It happened after several hard-resets/cold boots to recover from a terrible system crash. I put in anew backup battery but the machine still said it was depleted. The problem was gone after I reinserted the backup battery, gave the main battery a full charge and did a couple soft-resets. I didn't know which did the magic, though.
 Top of the page
KBoyKool Page Icon Posted 2010-02-24 6:05 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Before I received any responses, here, I did flex the contacts gently and checked for signs of corrosion or wear. The contacts still bear a mirror finish at all points, but I did rub them a bit for good measure and wiped them so that no skin oil would obstruct the flow of electrons. We will see if this cures the problem. Thanks, everyone. I'll keep you posted.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 10