x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

RealPlayer for PPC/J-720

Jake Page Icon Posted 2005-06-18 11:55 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
Does anybody run RealPlayer on their J-720? I've heard the company is in RealTrouble, and I can't get anything to come through. I stream audio through GSPlayer, but once in a while, it was fun to look at the movie trailers available on the RealPlayer PPC-friendly page.

But lately, I can't get anything--not that RealPlayer ever had enough to hold my interest for long.

If somebody has an actual working RealPlayer address (rtsp), could you post it for my test purposes?

Thanks,
Jake

Edited by Jake 2005-06-18 11:55 AM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-06-18 12:16 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I fight myself replying here, because I truly cannot stand their codecs, player or products; let alone why anyone would want it on a PDA.

Here's BBC Click On-Line in Low res Real (also available in WMV)
rtsp://212.58.234.120/nfs01/BBCWorld/encodedfiles/worl_click_160605_show_lo.rm?provider=BBCWorld

Otherwise just hit the BBC website it's all RTSP streamed
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2005-06-19 12:28 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Thanks, Chris. That must've been hard to post

And I agree with you anyway; RP is junk. I was wondering more why it wasn't working properly, though my previous sentence may be answering this one.

Jake
 Top of the page
hpcpro Page Icon Posted 2005-08-25 8:09 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I used RealOne(PPC) on my Hp720.
I found a site with severals links that work perfect.
I tested RealOne streamming low bandwith TV.

I post at ZONA HANDHELD screenshots:
http://www.todopocketpc.com/foro/showthread.php?t=13214&highlight=realone
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2005-08-25 8:30 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Thanks for the screenshot site. I never did get RP working until I went to dialup when I was back home in the U.S.

Then I realized that RP won't work when there's a firewall, and since my LinkSys Wireless Router is an automatic firewall, that's why RP no longer worked.

No big deal, since they've stopped updating their mobile sites.

Jake
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2005-08-25 8:55 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Yes, RP is junk, but i have just because if there is some kind of .rm video file that I want to play... It took me about 5 minutes to turn off all of the buggy stuff.
QuickTime should be the universal media player
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2005-08-26 1:01 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I wonder if maybe Real just doesn't know how to write CE-based players. The Palm OS version works just fine (to me, anyway), and I actually like the desktop version. (If it weren't for the latter, I wouldn't have any MP3 files to play on my H/PCs anyway.)

Or maybe I'm just naive . . . .
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2005-08-26 1:28 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Okay, I just answered my own question. Y'all are talkin' video while I'm thinking audio. In the words of Emily Litella, "Never mind."
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2005-08-26 10:31 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

>>If it weren't for the latter, I wouldn't have any MP3 files to play on my H/PCs anyway.<<

Have you experimented with GSPlayer for mp3s and audio streaming? Far faster, far better, and much less memory footprint.

Jake
 Top of the page
Wessex_nut Page Icon Posted 2005-08-28 8:06 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Nice to see that RealPlayer works on my handheld. The only reason why I wish to use it is that the radio station I use (Wave 105) has feeds for RealPlayer and Windows Media Player.
Now, I am finding that BOTH don't work. So, how do I find out the address of the "stream"? This will be particulary useful on the move.

Btw, the address is www.wave105.com
 Top of the page
Wessex_nut Page Icon Posted 2005-08-28 9:32 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

After some sniffing around, I did find the address, but Real One player complains about timing out.... strange, it works on my laptop, why not by 2 PDAs? (the iPAQ using WM2003 and the Jornada using H/PC2000).

The location is rtsp://lonrle.interoutemediaservices.com:554/split/10.1.17.10/live/radio/wave.rm . Good luck!! Tell me how you got it working!
(Oh, as the radio station uses Windows Media Codecs, I used one of these on the PPC WMP and it works! The HPC thinks "ehh? ASX file? What the &^%%$£"£$ is that?". Any suggestions? Ofcourse, I cannot use the Pocket PC + My wireless card as the 2 don't seem to mix well!)
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.189 - Cached queries : 67 - Executed queries : 10