x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Getting Wifi to Work, MA701

ramablama Page Icon Posted 2005-06-18 1:26 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

So I'm a newbie and the last post I made was about a wifi card that turned out to be incompatible.. or at least no one had made drivers for HPC yet. So I returned that and got myself a Netgear MA701. This is for my NEC Mobile Pro 790. I installed the CD, which said it will load the software/config utility on the next connection, which it did. The next thing I naturally did was turn on my Mobile Pro, and insert the CF Card. It gave me a prompt asking me for the Driver name, which I figured could be whatever I want, so I just called it MA701, and then it said, "Driver not found" and gave it sme generic driver and of course it doesn't work. Now I just have no clue how to get it working. Is there a specific driver I need to name it, or is this an error of the installation?

Any advice is appreciated! Thanks. BTW, for those who reply to this -- what do you use your HPC for mainly?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-06-18 1:55 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

The dirver name is either MA701.dll or MA701_Net.dll and you must have installed it in \windows, no where else.
 Top of the page
ramablama Page Icon Posted 2005-06-18 2:30 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

So I tried choosing MA701_Net.dll and it looked like it accepted it, but going to System nothing showed up as an expansion card. Also, running the config utility would give the error "Please insert card first."

So then I tried choosing MA701.dll and then it gave a Debug window saying "driver is called..." "drivers/unknown/pcmcia/....etc" and that didn't work either.

Both were in the \windows directory... any suggestions?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-06-19 9:07 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Go through the MA701 article in the support section
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 9