x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

More performance for mp900c?

MP Homer Page Icon Posted 2010-02-28 3:04 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

So I Love my 900c to to death and don't want to replace it. What can I do to get the most performance as possible out of it?

I'm already runnin CMONEX v.2 and overclocking to 530 Mhz.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2010-02-28 3:09 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

You love it so much you posted this thread 3 times

Make sure that you keep your GAPI install up to date and where possible, use GAPI rendering rather than GDI.
 Top of the page
ntware Page Icon Posted 2010-02-28 4:40 PM
#
H/PC Elite

BTW, how faster is an overclocked MP900C to 530MHz than a Jornada 728 220MHz (I think that it's the max value you can overclock it). They say that in normal conditions MP900C is not faster than the Jornada 728. But what about playing games, watching videos, etc?
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2010-02-28 7:24 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

MP Homer - 2010-02-28 6:04 PM

So I Love my 900c to to death and don't want to replace it. What can I do to get the most performance as possible out of it?

I'm already runnin CMONEX v.2 and overclocking to 530 Mhz.

Well, you can try solder RAM chips with higher density, but consider that there is no gaurantee it will work without rewriting the bootloader, give more RAM or work at all.
 Top of the page
MrSB Page Icon Posted 2010-03-01 2:27 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

ntware - 2010-02-28 11:40 AM

BTW, how faster is an overclocked MP900C to 530MHz than a Jornada 728 220MHz (I think that it's the max value you can overclock it). They say that in normal conditions MP900C is not faster than the Jornada 728. But what about playing games, watching videos, etc?

I've been using both and I would say in general MP900(c) feels slightly snappier. Maybe it's not fair to compare the aged stock H/PC 2000 and the more updated and optimized cmonex v2. Webbrowsers(e.g. opera) and softmaker office 2006 run well on MP900(c). Softmaker has never run successfully on my J728. The time glass turns round and round forever and the program never starts up. But other than these I don't think there is any significant difference in performance, although MP900 works better in most respects: real touch typing, wireless connection, usb, etc. You won't enjoy very much playing fist-person shooter like Tome Raider, Doom and Duke Nukem on the Jornada. Both machines are not ideal for video playback because of humble specs and resolutions. I would rather use a WM phone/i-phone/PMP instead. Yet both are really up to the job for reading ebooks and listening to audiobook, especially doing both together. Interestingly I find bigger screens with lower resolutions more pleasant to the eyes compared to those super tiny bright hi-res screens.

Going a bit off topic, about design and form factors: MP900 has a nice screen with no ghosting, whereas J728 wins hands down in terms of pocketability and cosmetics; MP900 looks tedious, less geeky and more old school, thanks to its dull colors, and so I've decided to paint over it soon (it should've looked like this http://sites.google.com/site/necmobpro/my-mobilepro/custom-paint-jobs-1 . Then again I would definitely carry my MP900 around if I were seven feet tall and wore XXL size.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.222 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 10