x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Desertway Page Icon Posted 2010-03-02 2:47 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

It looks as though, if any format has a chance of dominating the eReader competition, it will be ePub. Sony is using it. B&N is using their own drm version of it. Overdrive public library downloads are often ePub. And Feedbooks free public domain eBooks can be downloaded in ePub.

Almost certainly, the J720 is too old to have a chance at supporting this format, but I thought I'd ask anyway - maybe someone has a PPC eReader app that works on the 720 and supports ePub?

Thanks.

Edited by Desertway 2010-03-02 2:48 AM
 Top of the page
mscdex Page Icon Posted 2010-03-02 3:25 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Freda is pretty much the only candidate for ePub reading on HPCs/WinCE. It's been recently updated to improve performance a bit. Someone had created a similar post not too long ago asking for ePub software for HPCs/WinCE, but the search engine and Google are not showing it so may have gotten deleted accidentally or something during the server outage?

Edited by mscdex 2010-03-02 3:25 AM
 Top of the page
Desertway Page Icon Posted 2010-03-02 4:06 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Thanks for the suggestion. I downloaded the WinCe version and installed on my 720. The program would not start with or without RedGear. I ran Executability Check and there were more issues than I am capable of dealing with. Does anyone have this running on a 720. Or should I have installed a different version?
 Top of the page
mscdex Page Icon Posted 2010-03-02 7:40 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Desertway - 2010-03-01 11:06 PM

Thanks for the suggestion. I downloaded the WinCe version and installed on my 720. The program would not start with or without RedGear. I ran Executability Check and there were more issues than I am capable of dealing with. Does anyone have this running on a 720. Or should I have installed a different version?

Oh, I forgot to mention, you need the .NET CF 2.0 runtime installed ...
 Top of the page
Desertway Page Icon Posted 2010-03-02 5:13 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I'm so needy. Does anyone know where I can download the cab for .net cf 2.0. I have the msi installer, but I don't have active sync - I'm running Win7? Or is there another way to extract the cabs from the .msi. I opened the msi with 7zip, but no cabs were to be found. Thanks.
 Top of the page
mscdex Page Icon Posted 2010-03-02 8:04 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

My fault again -- I was sure that .NET CF 2.0 supported PPC200x/WinCE 3.0, but it appears not (only WM2003/WinCE 4.x and newer). Sorry

Edited by mscdex 2010-03-02 8:05 PM
 Top of the page
Desertway Page Icon Posted 2010-03-02 9:13 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Aw well....thanks for all your efforts. Very much appreciated. (I also thought I had read here that .net cf 2.0 worked on WinCe 3.0.)
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-03-02 10:31 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 65 - Executed queries : 9