x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

SIMPAD USB (internet) network connection

livebox456 Page Icon Posted 2010-03-04 12:26 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi guys ('n girls)...

I have the following problem, and don't know if that even might work.

I connected my simpad to Windows Vista and Seven with a USB cabel (i don't have the serial cable, and even though, my laptop does not even support that connection anymore), sycronizing, or better exploring the Simpad goes very good with the Mobile Device Center on both OS, so no problem there.

But, what i wanna do, is going online with the Simpad using the same USB connection, meaning, the Simpad connects to the internet using my laptop (thrue MDC?).

I googled arround allready, but, or I am to "blond" or this option is just not going to work ever, I have no idea, I triedmy idea with my QTEK 9000, which runs WM5, that works, however, CE4.0 and WM5 are not the same

Is there anyone here who was or is able to have his (or her) Simpad connected to the internet in the above mentioned way? Hope someone has hehe , curious to hear from you guys.

Btw... perhaps i can use this same connection to upgrade/downgrade, reinstall the .img on the simpad??? (perhaps linux),
hehe, for now the internet connection is the most important one.

Regards, livebox456
 Top of the page
livebox456 Page Icon Posted 2010-03-04 9:00 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi peepz...

25 views upon this thread, and no one to reply yet? It seems more difficult them I have imationed haha ,
i have tried different solutions allready.

If I create a new connection, it have the choice between differen adapters, but also serial and usb, ofcoz I choose
usb for that, then in the IE settings I also choose usb direct connection, once done, the Simpad connects, to my laptop, but not to the Internet.

So, something is not going we'll, but what hahaha, is the question, I don't think it is because of WVista or WSeven, since
my Qtek 9000 works fine with both and Windows shares the internet with it.

So there must be something on the Simpad which i over looked to set up or not set up

W'll if there is anyone, who can assist me, let me know, got skype and msn... ask me for the address since it's not in my profile :-D.

Regards, livebox456
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2010-03-04 11:46 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

There is an old CESD on using internet through the cradle. the principle is identical once a WMDC/AS connection is setup. The article was not written for Vista/7 and I would not use that proxy server to do it on Vista/7 however the principle is the same.
 Top of the page
livebox456 Page Icon Posted 2010-03-05 1:59 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thank you C:Amie

I searched the forum here and came accross CESDC0018, I followed the guidlines, excapt for one, I left
out the Proxy Server and Port number, and it works fine.

For all those who might have the same issue, it is worth reading arround a bit, and believe me, the solutions
and some brains, pay off the effort

Regards, livebox456
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-03-05 7:14 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

That's what we're here for.
 Top of the page
livebox456 Page Icon Posted 2010-03-05 7:39 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I know, good to be here too...

I am not such a "technical" person, but with some help here I can manage a lot ,
did you see my newest thread allready? challenging it will be...

-lol-

Regards, livebox456
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.265 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 9