x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

tech_girl Page Icon Posted 2005-06-18 11:14 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

I have recently posted at HPC Bay to check if anyone has a spare charger for sale, and found out from one fo HPC members that non NEC adapters can work just as well. So I'm heading to our local shops. I have been looking at AC adapters and found that most have different Amps for input and output although the voltages for input and output are similar to NEC's. The NEC adapter specifications are 100-240V ~ 0.6A (Input) and 12V ~ 2A (Output).

My question is if the voltage are as NEC's if the Amps for input and output differ, does it matter?

Cheers.
 Top of the page
no-success Page Icon Posted 2005-06-18 11:25 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

yes it really matters. goto your local radioshack and pick up one of those multi voltage adapters. remember you can allways go lower on those volts and amps but not higher. (if the amps on the multi adapter are nearly what they need to be you can give it a shot but be real carefull if the amps are .1 or so more) im sure youll find something that works!

edit:
also make sure your polarity is right cuz normally they will let you change the polarity on the multi adapters.

Edited by no-success 2005-06-18 11:26 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-06-19 3:54 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

hey, it isn't always a good idea if the voltage is lower, the device might not start then and, it may depend on the particular device but my 720 can take a higher voltage, even 14.6 V instead of 12... i didn't intend to give it that much voltage, those universal adapter are just crappy (luckily i acquired an original adapter since then). also that's why you can go a little lower with the nominal voltage, as it will still put out a voltage that's high enough. for example my universal crap puts out 12V when its at the 9V setting.. so don't go for universal ones! buy one that can put out only one amount of voltage!
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 59 - Executed queries : 10