x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

wireless keeps shuttin down J690/orinoco

Dana Page Icon Posted 2010-03-11 3:43 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

This one is driving me nuts. I have a Jornada 690 with Orinoco gold wifi card, talking to a Linksys router. Originally I had some problems with the router setup (the Linksys router is talking to a Belkin router which serves the rest of my network because the Jornada can't do WPA, which is what the rest of the network uses... the Linksys is WEP). Anyway, I had it set up wrong ,using the wrong cable port on the Linksys, which made my whole network flaky... but the Jornada could always connect, but not sync via the network. I finally got it set up right, and can even sync through the wireless... but it won't stay connected for long. After seconds or minutes, the wireless simply stops working, and I hae to remove and reinsert the card to reconnect... sometimes even soft reset the Jornada. Rarely will it stay connected long enough to actually finish syncing, or install programs.

I don't know if it's a flaky wifi card, or something in setting the device to sync via network is messing with the card settings, or the card is just dying. It's weird in that it does seem to disconnect sooner if I'm trying to move a lot of data, as if it can only handle a certain amount, then it chokes.

I would think it's something I changed, but I don't know what... it definitely wasn't set up right before.

Any suggestions?
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 39 - Executed queries : 28