x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Augen e-Go netbook - synchronizable

« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Next »
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2010-03-31 2:48 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Ha ha... thcrw739, that other bidder on the Tinybook was me. I was ---> <--- this close to bidding again. Look at the bids and you will see that the only bidders were you and I...my max was $81. But then at the same time I found a Augen eGo that advertised as 533mHz, but showed a box from a 248mHz machine. I wrote the seller and found out that they had 5 of these , and all but one were of the 248mHz flavor. But the one they are sending me is the 533mHz one and it is silver instead of black as the auction had stated...and for the confusion they are including a 8gb SDHC card along with it. But I paid $89.99...an extra $9...but it was a buy it now so rather than compete with someone over the Tinybook, which ended up being you...I went with the guaranteed buy. Wo wo!

So we are both happy! Best of all, mine is coming from only a few miles down the road (well 130 miles actually)...

And CEGeek...as far as toe stepping...I agree...I hate to do that as well. I have decided it is better to not know who you are bidding against on eBay...
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2010-03-31 3:16 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Well my max bid was $85 & wasn't going to bid again so you might could have gotten it, But since i won..I cant complain.

Hopefully we will both enjoy our new machines.

Top of the page
rgisondi Page Icon Posted 2010-03-31 7:03 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Ge Geek can you update your experence with augen e-go?

Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-03-31 11:36 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

rgisondi - 2010-03-31 11:03 AM

Ge Geek can you update your experence with augen e-go?

I hereby disclaim any relationship with General Electric.

No new updates since my last post. Right now I'm looking into utilities for backing up the PIM databases. EzBackup will do it, but it's not 100% reliable - on one occasion at least, it messed up some Calendar entries. Also of note: every time I sync it with my PC (even after just powered on, with the TecAce databases empty), Outlook 2003 on my PC moves everything to the Deleted Items folder, cuz it sees that the data have changed on the eGo but not on the PC, so I have to move everything back. Wish there were a way to tell ActiveSync to sync the TecAce data in one direction only (from the PC to the eGo)

BTW, on my CE 6 netbook, after restoring standard Outlook PIM data from another CE device with EzBackup, I notice that the data remain after a power-off, cuz the entries show up when I use a database viewer to check the PIM databases. (So far I haven't gotten the GEMini PIMs to open on the CE 6 device.) So it looks like the CE 6 netbook retains database info, but none of the CE 5 ones I have do.
 Top of the page
rgisondi Page Icon Posted 2010-03-31 11:49 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

what about the battery life, the screen brightness outdoor an IE speed?
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2010-04-03 7:54 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Got mine in the mail today. Wasn't sure at first because the box it came in was so small...but there it was...

Wonderful little machine so far...be interesting to see how well it holds up. I took a picture so you can compare it to a Mobilepro. Screen is bright, stuff is tiny but clear. Internal wireless works great and is turned on and off via Fn+F2. Speed is impressive...very quick, much faster than my 900C...by far. Am now searching through the registry using PHM regedit to see if I can find out where the Windows folder is locked out...

**** Duh, didn't need to change registry at all, all I had to do was go to the view options and uncheck "hide protected oerating system files" and now everything is viewable through the Windows Explorer...

(Picture.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Picture.jpg (40KB - 1 downloads)
 Top of the page
rgisondi Page Icon Posted 2010-04-03 9:10 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Thanks of the report Rich. I just suspected that it was different from the current chinese ce netbook.

If in the next days you would share your further exeperience (outdoor, battery life, boot time etc..) will be appreciated by me and I think from many in the comunity interested in a new cheap HPC.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-04-03 9:26 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Okay, I was able to check mine outdoors today, and it is pretty readable even in direct sunlight. Boot time is about the same as the other CE 5 netbooks (about 19 seconds from power-on to CE desktop). The battery drain patterns I'm seeing during use still seem to confirm my estimate of a minimum of about six hours of use on a single charge.

So far Web browsing appears no better nor any worse than the other CE 5 netbooks - though I'm only testing IE CE 6, so I can't speak for alternative browsers.
 Top of the page
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2010-04-03 11:41 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Change IE 6 ident string in the registry to IE 8 and you wont get warnings on websites like youtube and yahoo.com about upgrading or lack of support for your browser.

Cheers.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2010-04-06 9:25 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

So CEGeek, how do you go about manually registering the pimstore.dll...which is what I assume you did to get it to sync. Do you have a registry file that we could import to make it easier?

It's amazing how many missing .dlls there are on this thing. I had to add 2 to get Rescoe Pocket Radio to run...but then it ran like a dream. Had to add another to get LaunchManager to run...and then it ran perfectly too.

I can't speed type on this thing, but I have the feeling that it may replace my 900C as my "grab and go" mobile unit.

Sorry Mobilepro...don't cry...I still love you...but it may be time for you to take a nap...an extended one.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-04-06 10:33 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

All I did to get it to sync was connect it to the PC. No tweaking or DLL registering was required. If you're talking about getting cePIMS to sync, I just opened the CAB file in MSCEInf and manually entered in the eGo's registry what I saw in the "Registry Keys" tab. Here's the registry file:

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Objects.reg (1KB - 4 downloads)
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2010-04-06 11:11 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Yeah, I was talking about the CEPims. I actually copied the cab file over and installed it fine and it made the registry entries for me..just had to edit the cab file to accept any cpu and not just Arm/Xscale.

But those registry entries are only for the CEPims software.

I'd like to know how to register pimstore.dll on the device. I remember back in the old days the OKSoft pim program had a program that registered the pimstore dll for you...but that program won't run on this eGo...if I could register the pimstore and calstore dlls, then I'm sure I could use any of the pim programs.
 Top of the page
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2010-04-07 1:09 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Rich: What are you using to see what .dll's are missing? Executability Check doesn't work on either of my ce5 or ce6 devices.

Cheers.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2010-04-07 6:25 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Exec check doesn't work on mine either. I used a hex editor to look at the executeable and see what dlls are called (by searching for the text string ".dll" and "..d.l.l") and then checked my Windows folder and found them missing. I copied over the ones I needed...i.e cellcore, inkx, etc and then the programs ran fine.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-04-07 7:54 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

That's what I do too. I've been looking for a CE hexeditor app so I don't have to go back and forth between the device and the PC. The ones I've found so far (Nyx Hex Editor, SKHexEd, etc) don't seem to work.
 Top of the page
« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.328 - Cached queries : 55 - Executed queries : 28