x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Augen e-Go netbook - synchronizable

« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next »
TFGBD Page Icon Posted 2010-04-19 7:05 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

The MioPocket package comes with a tool to install the missing PIM databases and POOM dlls from Platform Builder if you didn't know. That should hopefully get it working for you.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-04-19 7:46 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Got link?
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2010-04-19 8:22 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Top of the page
Jacobi Page Icon Posted 2010-04-20 4:53 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

CE Geek - 2010-04-06 5:33 PM

All I did to get it to sync was connect it to the PC.

what type of cable did you use, and was it provided with the netbook?

Great news - and will you try other modes of connectivity (and to other devices than a PC)?
-- great anticipation

Am I correct and both you and Rich have an Augen eGo 533 MHZ? running WinCE6? was CE6 on when you got it, or did you install it later? I'm thinking of buying one but I need to make sure that it will come with WinCE6; a few of these I see on sale are running WinCE5. The ROM is said to be flashable in the HCL, correct? Is there a chance you might create a ROM image wich could be flashed in case a buyer gets the WinCE5 version by mistake?
Of course it would have to be the exact same device, so could you please give the exact product# of your devices?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-04-20 9:07 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

It's CE 5, and Augen doesn't provide any ROM images of any OS version for reflashing.

I just used a standard USB A male to mini-B male cable. (There's no other way to connect, however, as there is no infrared port, and synching over a network is not supported in either CE 5 or 6.)
 Top of the page
Jacobi Page Icon Posted 2010-04-20 5:47 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

CE Geek - 2010-04-20 4:07 AM

It's CE 5, and Augen doesn't provide any ROM images of any OS version for reflashing.

I just used a standard USB A male to mini-B male cable. (There's no other way to connect, however, as there is no infrared port, and synching over a network is not supported in either CE 5 or 6.)

__reflashing
is the device capable of reflashing with anything made for it, such as, a modded ROM?

__network connectivity in either CE 5 or 6.
no activesync over network: I expected that.
The device is able to get an IP from a wifi network DHCP server to surf the web:
seems there have to be more networking possibilities than just running a browser.
What I would like to explore are other processes of connectivity: accessing shares on a network, etc. ?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-04-20 5:52 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I suppose you could build a custom ROM from a ROM dump file if you know how. Dunno about network shares - I haven't tried that.
 Top of the page
lgxb Page Icon Posted 2010-05-04 2:58 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Will this support USB bluetooth adaptor? I want to use it as a GPS!
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2010-05-04 1:40 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I haven't found a Windows CE USB bluetooth driver that works yet with any of my devices... I did try a CF bluetooth adapter and got it to work with a TomTom GPS bluetooth receiver. But my HPC screen was almost impossible to view in the car.

GPS units are so cheap these days, not worth the problem or expense to try to use a handheld to do it all....
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-05-04 7:21 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Plus, the GPS devices run Windows CE themselves.

Some of our tablet-style H/PCs are nice to use as GPS devices (along with their other uses), though, because of their big screens. (That's what I'm doing with my Fujitsu PenCentra.)
 Top of the page
RTFM
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2010-05-04 7:49 PM
#
CE Geek - 2010-05-04 7:21 PM

Plus, the GPS devices run Windows CE themselves.

Not all. TomTom for example uses linux.
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2010-05-05 12:47 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Interesting thread... Can someone do a full review of one of these devices and submit to HPC:Factor? Just a thought...

Rich, how is the e-Go as a Mobile Pro replacement? Do you find the lack of touchscreen significant?

And CE Geek I thought you had a Smartbook G138, so what do these CE5/6 netbooks have over that?

I am still one of those wait-and-see people. I still use the Nexio occasionally which doesn't have a practical keyboard nor great battery life. My Smartbook's battery is long gone, and even if I replace it the battery life won't be great either, plus I still get irked by the single CF for both WiFi and mem card. Hoping one of these new devices will be an improvement.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-05-05 4:46 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

No, I don't have a G138, but I have everything else. (Wouldn't mind having a G138, though.)
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2010-05-05 4:50 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I'm still playing, so the jury is out right now. I bought a brand new netbook here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290427202920

It was $99 delivered, and only took a few days from China. I actually received it today, paid for it on the 25th of April. Nine days, not a bad delivery time.

It came with a USB scroll mouse along with the netbook. And the device was slightly different than shown...it is a white one, but not like the picture, rather like all the other clones, white on the outside, silver with black keyboard on the inside. I added it to the devices and specs listing, and turned the users manual into a PDF file for others who don't have it.

It also has the 8505 processor rather than the 8500, and 256mb of ram than the 128 advertised. Considering I paid over $900 for my 900C, I think that this is a great deal.

So I've played with my eGo before bricking it, have my Tinybook, and this one. I'll give you my overall thoughts on them over the 900C in the next few days. CEGeek can do the same...actually he is more of an expert than I am...I only have 4 of these netbooks...by now he probably has a whole room of them.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-05-05 5:51 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Just six, Rich.

I assume you'll try flashing Android at some point on the VT8505 netbook you're about to get, right?
 Top of the page
« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 70 - Executed queries : 10