x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Augen e-Go netbook - synchronizable

« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next »
rgisondi Page Icon Posted 2010-05-11 12:00 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

My Augen Arrived yesterday. Non in great condition but is a good machine, responsive (but little) keyboard good screen for out door.

I have at the momento two problems.

The first is that Coreplayer is not inside the rom. It put on it the copy that I buyed but the youtube search does not work and the streaming too.

Skype open but the stops. Pocket rar does not work either.

Rich and Ce Geek have you had the same experience?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-05-12 2:07 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I haven't had any problems with CorePlayer or PocketRAR. Haven't tried Skype.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-05-12 7:09 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

There are a couple of these up on eBay right now, including one with a cool-looking blue exterior:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Augen-E-Go-MagicEyes-POLLUX-7-Netbook-Windows-CE-5-0-/200471558067?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Laptops_Nov05&hash=item2ead0937b3
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2010-05-12 10:19 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I saw the blue ones too, thought they were cool. I no longer have an eGo since bricking it. It was covered under full warranty so I sent it back and the seller refunded my money. After having 4 of these in different fashions, I'm only keeping the Tinybook for now.
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2010-05-12 4:57 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
What's the final verdict on the accompanying Softmaker Office Suite? Is that a legit copy? Or only a trial version?

Jake
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2010-05-12 5:25 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

My Tinybook has a legit copy with unique serial number. My Chinese CE6 machine had a trial version.
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2010-05-12 6:01 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
But with the Augen?

Jake
 Top of the page
RTFM
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2010-05-12 8:25 PM
#
Rich: Good choice on keeping the tinybook. While i'm eager to hack the bootloader to run android/ubuntu on mine, i've found plenty of software that works and works well on mine. Enough so that i'm in no rush to wipe ce6 off of it. I like the form factor as its different from the other mini netbooks, syncability, speed, ram, and it has a fairly bullet proof CE install that was thought out pretty well compared to other machines.

Cheers.
 Top of the page
rgisondi Page Icon Posted 2010-05-12 10:14 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

THe Augen has a tral copy and it is giving me a lot of trouble even with preinstalled software, may be that is a bed item
 Top of the page
bitbank Page Icon Posted 2010-05-12 10:35 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I just got my Augen e-go yesterday. When I try to sync it with my Vista machine running Windows Mobile Device Center, the e-go hangs until I unplug the USB cable. I've got my SmartGear game emulator partially working, but it won't run well until I get direct screen access of some form. My first try at getting DirectDraw failed, but I need more time to debug it. GETRAWFRAMEBUFFER didn't work at all and the fake GAPI from that German site doesn't recognize the machine. Has anyone seen fullscreen graphics running quickly on this machine? Also, has anyone found a USB bluetooth dongle which runs on this netbook?

Thanks,
Larry B.
 Top of the page
rgisondi Page Icon Posted 2010-05-13 10:53 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Does Skype work properly in your machine and pocket rar either?
 Top of the page
bitbank Page Icon Posted 2010-05-13 2:32 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

WinRAR seems to work, but Skype just gives an error that no connection is available and quits. I can't find anywhere to setup the wireless network. Does it even have wifi? The networking part of the control panel shows 2 wired ethernet adapters to configure both labeled DM9CE1. Can someone help me figure out how to configure wifi?

Thanks,
L.B.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-05-13 6:59 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Yes, it has built-in WiFi. One of the F keys is labeled to activate the WiFi receiver (I don't have mine in front of me so I don't recall which one, but I think it's F2, and IIRC you have to hold down the Fn key while pressing it to activate WiFi). Make sure WiFi is enabled.
 Top of the page
rgisondi Page Icon Posted 2010-05-14 10:33 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

This post is just to comunicate that OPERA 8.60 on cmonex site works on augen and I suppose on othe ce core device.
Not so fast as 8.65 version on my Smartbook g138 but faster then IE built in.

Any one managed to get preinstalled skype working?
 Top of the page
bitbank Page Icon Posted 2010-05-14 5:20 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Sorry about the wifi; I saw that right after I submitted the post.

DirectDraw works! Now you can have fullscreen full framerate classic gaming on your e-Go !! I need to clean up a few more things and I will try to release a public build of SmartGear on Monday.

Is there any way to fix the screen backlight flicker? It's not terrible, but when the whole screen is a bright color (e.g. white), it can be annoying.

This opens up a whole new set of users for SmartGear. I will receive my Magellan Maestro 4250 GPS unit on Monday and will get SmartGear running on that as well. Hopefully I can use the GPS's built-in bluetooth to communicate with the wireless gamepads I support (BGP100 + Zeemote).

SmartGear currently supports GameBoy, GameGear/SMS, TurboGrafx-16, Genesis and NES. I have written a ton of coin-op emulators and am looking at adding them to SmartGear. I would also like to add emulators for classic home computers - TRS-80 Coco, AtariST, Amiga, C64, etc. I would appreciate feedback on which systems should be added first. I'm leaning towards doing TRS-80 coco first because it's the simplest and will allow me to test out all of the issues of supporting home computers within SmartGear.

L.B.

P.S. Do any of you with devices other than the e-Go know if DirectDraw works on your particular device? I guess we'll find out when I release the new version of SmartGear .

Edited by bitbank 2010-05-14 5:29 PM
 Top of the page
« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.234 - Cached queries : 70 - Executed queries : 10