x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Augen e-Go netbook - synchronizable

« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next »
rgisondi Page Icon Posted 2010-05-14 11:33 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

bitblank, now does skype work on your machine?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-05-15 12:17 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

This model now appears to be showing up on the Heartland America site, which had previously listed the Delstar netbook:

http://www.heartlandamerica.com/browse/item.asp?PIN=97353&DL=EML2&EID=W05C&SC=W05CC200&
 Top of the page
H2OGuru Page Icon Posted 2010-05-15 1:23 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Check out www.geeks.com

They have them under laptops.

refurbished and little cheaper.

HG
 Top of the page
bitbank Page Icon Posted 2010-05-15 6:43 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I got the internet connectivity working over wireless. I run Skype, type in my userid and password and it takes about 4 minutes, but eventually does sign in. The About box shows "Skype for Pocket PC, version 2.0.0.51"

L.B.
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2010-05-15 3:12 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
Wow, four minutes. In that time, you could probably drive to the person and talk face-to-face Dunno if you have a Nokia series 60 phone, but Skype is now a free download for it. I think that goes for Crackberry, too.

Jake
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2010-05-16 8:44 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Mmm if a person is a *4 minutes* drive away, you would better go meet him/her anyway? And I would classify a friend in that proximity as a neighbour
 Top of the page
bitbank Page Icon Posted 2010-05-17 2:29 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Good news! I've got SmartGear in good enough shape for you to try. It still needs a little work, but at least you will be able to see if it runs well on your ARM netbooks. You can download it here:

http://www.bitbanksoftware.com/sg_ce.zip

Instructions are in the zip file. Touchscreen controls aren't fully implemented yet (no buttons, only directions work), but if you have a keyboard or buttons, you can play just fine. I also tried plugging in a USB joystick along with the hidgamep.dll driver and that works well. I'm going to look into rewriting that driver because it only works with 1 of the 3 USB joysticks that I have. If you have bluetooth support and a wireless gamepad (BGP100/Zeemote), that should work also.

Please let me know about any problems encountered. If the game display is a small window in the middle of the screen, that means that it wasn't able to get direct screen access (GAPI, RAWFRAMEBUFFER, DirectDraw). You can see what kind of screen access is being used by displaying the About box.

This code is "unregistered" and will only let you play 2 minutes at a time. I just rewrote the security model, so I don't have an reg key generator app written yet, but I will have that done this week.

I wouldn't recommend using a GAPI emulator if you also have DirectDraw support because it will choose that first. It first tries RAWFRAMEBUFFER, then GAPI and then DirectDraw. On my e-go, I'm able to run everything fullscreen at 60fps with no frameskip (except Genesis). I've still got a lot of work ahead of me to get Genesis running at full framerate.

Enjoy,
L.B.

Edited by CE Geek to complete hyperlink
 Top of the page
rgisondi Page Icon Posted 2010-05-17 4:18 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Thanks for programming free for this device.

Unfornutaley in my augen skype 2.0 won't load starts only the loader but something prevent the Skype.exe to load properly.

Ce Geek or any other, have you had the same experience with the augen or other ce 5. device?

I have also tried the RTFM package but with the same risult. I have seen that in the skype folder there are also a coredll.dll (286 kb), but I dunno if is intendend for ce 6 only and if it have to replace the preinstalled coredll.dll.

I have had success with an early version of skype mobile (1.2) but with that I cannot sign in (may be it calls a obsolete skype server).

Every help is welcome.
 Top of the page
bitbank Page Icon Posted 2010-05-18 4:11 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I thought there would be more interest in SmartGear. You guys have been suffering with Yame and Morphgear for so long that I thought you would appreciate a fast game emulator for your netbooks. Has anyone given it a spin? Thoughts?
L.B.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2010-05-18 5:16 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I gave it (SmartGear) a try on my CE6 netbook, but fatal error...
 Top of the page
bitbank Page Icon Posted 2010-05-18 5:52 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Rich Hawley - 2010-05-19 9:16 AM

I gave it (SmartGear) a try on my CE6 netbook, but fatal error...

Please provide more details.
What model netbook are you using?
When did the error occur?
Were you able to open the app?
Were you able to run a game?
What settings were you using?
 Top of the page
RTFM
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2010-05-18 8:34 PM
#
I tried it also on my TinyBook (ce6 667mhz 256mb ram) but it wouldn't start. Closed right away with a fatal error. Something like "this application encountered a serious error and will be shut down". It never started, but it did create the "saved_games" folder. Couldn't adjust any settings as it didn't start.

Cheers.
 Top of the page
bitbank Page Icon Posted 2010-05-18 8:48 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

sounds like I need to get a CE 6 netbook to correct the problem . Back to ebay...

L.B.
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2010-05-18 9:54 PM
#
H/PC Elder

bitbank - 2010-05-18 8:11 AM
I thought there would be more interest in SmartGear.

Perhaps if you start a new thread instead of hiding it in this thread there would be more attention?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-05-19 5:52 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

SmartGear works on my CE 5 Anyka AK7802 netbook (Konaki Netbook Wonder), but I'm getting the same "serious error" message on my generic VT8500 CE 6 netbook.
 Top of the page
« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.232 - Cached queries : 70 - Executed queries : 10