x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

My CE6 No Name 7" Mini Netbook

« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Next »
paulm64 Page Icon Posted 2010-03-28 3:55 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Mine doesn't have any.
 Top of the page
paulm64 Page Icon Posted 2010-03-29 12:31 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Here's some stuff you can do on your 7” Mini’s...

How to use ORB
ORB is a great free program that you can use to stream your media (pics, vids, music, docs) from your pc to your Mini. It works over the internet so you can access your media from anywhere in the world that has wifi! If your pc has a tv tuner in it you can even watch live tv on your mini! Go to www.orb.com for more info. You have to leave your pc on all the time, though. I leave mine on anyway since I use mine as a DVR and for downloading.

Make sure your mini has TCMP 0.72RC1 on it. (mine cane installed)
Change the layout setting to ‘mobile interface
change the stream speed settings to 120kbs
change the stream format to winamp .pls format

You can now access your ORB media on your mini!

How to Send faxes

www.FaxZero.com is a great site for sending faxes from your Mini. If your Mini has Softmaker Suite on it you can save in .DOC or .PDF format and upload this to the faxzero website directly from your browser. Works great! You can send a fax for free if you don’t mind the faxzero logo on your coveroage, or $1.99 for one without the ad.

How to listen to internet radio

Shoutcast radio works great on these netbooks. Just go to www.shoutcast.com, select the ‘classic view’ and enjoy any of the hundreds of stations.

Control your desktop PC from your Mini

Go here and get the VNCViewer for PocketPC. I used the one for pocketpc 2002 and it worked fine on my mini. I just downloaded it directly to my mini and ran it. Of course, you’ll want to download the VNC Server for your pc from www.realvnc.com, if you haven’t already.

www.cs.utah.edu/~midgley/wince/vnc.html

Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2010-03-29 12:48 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
Nice follow-up, paulm64. Have you tried to connect a phone by USB cable, either for reading the phone's memory or for internet tethering?

Jake
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2010-03-29 2:38 PM
#
H/PC Elder

My Nokia N95 was readable on Sigmarion 3's USB port effectively seen the same as USB memory or USB hard drive so expect any phone that can act as mass storage could be seen by these.

John
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2010-03-29 3:06 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

That would be nice. My Nokia E90 does not show up as a drive in the Linux version of these netbooks. On the other hand, some genius on the net made a dumb ftp server for the Series 60 (this app should work on your N95, mr-mac), and that's one way I can swap files. Though one needs a wifi connection. The other way, of course, is swapping SHDC cards.

That reminds me: will these CE netbooks read SHDC/SD adapter? They show up in RFTM's Linux OS just fine, but dunno about CE.

Jake
 Top of the page
Dana Page Icon Posted 2010-03-29 7:04 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Re the fkeys, must vary from build to build... on mine Fn-F1 and Fn-F2 are F11 and F12, respectively. Fn-F3 does nothing, Fn-F4 (or F4 alone) gives a message about "error opening the shortcut or locating the target filename" and then locks up the system requiring a powerdown. I wish I knew how to disable that one! F5 or FnF5 refreshes, F6 launches IE, F7-8-9 do nothing, Fn-F10 is scroll lock.

My netbook already has a SD card slot, and it also reads a USB all in one cardreader (though I only tried it with a Sony Memory Stick Pro, since it won't read my camera directly).

Dana
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2010-03-29 7:07 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Dana, do you have backlight dim control within Settings, or elsewhere?

Jake
 Top of the page
paulm64 Page Icon Posted 2010-03-29 8:44 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Here's a feed for CNN US Audio. This is not the CNN Radio but the actual audio feed from CNN. You have to use MediaPlayer V9 Series to open it. May work with others. I'm just going with what's on my mini. When it's playing go to favorites and save it. Then you can just open your playlists and it will be in there.

http://mfile.akamai.com/37606/live/reflector:35476.asx?bkup=30465&prop=n
 Top of the page
Dana Page Icon Posted 2010-03-29 10:37 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Jake - 2010-03-29 2:07 PM

Dana, do you have backlight dim control within Settings, or elsewhere?

Jake

Yes, the backlight control is in Control Panel

Dana
 Top of the page
NathanielZhu Page Icon Posted 2010-03-30 1:15 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Does it have software to play youtube videos?
 Top of the page
LinFreeman Page Icon Posted 2010-03-31 12:29 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I just acquired one of these nameless Chinese units. It has an AKARM, ARM926-AKCHIP, and runs Windows CE 5.0. With help from others, I've managed to load a few programs: a trial version of Presentations 2008, SP Time Sync, calcce and TRE.EXE. They all work. Using the TRE, for example, I was able to clean up the desktop that came cluttered with everything in the world. What I really need, though, are programs for Telnet, Secure FTP, and some better browser than the unbelievably bad MS I. E. it comes with. I would certainly welcome any suggestions and any help

On backlight setting, my machine came with a symbol like a light on the bottom line of the desktop. Double clicking it opens a "Backlight Setting" window that can be adjusted for more or less lighting.
 Top of the page
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2010-03-31 12:47 AM
#
H/PC Elite

I uploaded a zip file full of software tested to be working on ce5 and ce6 (well works on my razorbook400 and tinybook anyway). Check the Razorbook working applications thread for the link. In it is pocketputty which can do telnet/ssh etc. Unfortunately, browsers are hard to come by. Opera mobile will not run. Opera mini will with PhoneME JVM (also in my zip file), UCWEB will also run, but its menu is in chinese. Netfront 3.3 works on ce5, but not ce6, and is no longer available for purchase. You could try their free beta version of 4.5 though. It expires in June if i remember correctly.

Cheers.
 Top of the page
LinFreeman Page Icon Posted 2010-03-31 12:58 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

That sounds great. But I'm brand new to this discussion so I don't know how to find your upload.
Lin Freeman
 Top of the page
LinFreeman Page Icon Posted 2010-03-31 4:37 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Found it. Thank you for directing me to it. The Pocket PuTTY works perfectly and solves a major problem for me.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-04-05 7:04 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Moved to Windows Embedded CE 6.0
 Top of the page
« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 69 - Executed queries : 12