x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

My CE6 No Name 7" Mini Netbook

« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next »
paulm64 Page Icon Posted 2010-04-19 7:33 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

I have no idea why but for some reason, the youtube app built into my mini started working today. I don't know if youtube changed something. Or if it was something I did while trying to install something else. Well, after trying a few videos, it works pretty good. I just hope it keeps on working.
 Top of the page
Dana Page Icon Posted 2010-04-19 2:13 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

What "youtube app" is that? I've never been able to get youtube working reliably on mine.

On my XP laptop, youtube just stopped working with Opera... get a message to update flash, even though I just did. So perhaps they changed something that broke Opera but made it work on your mini.

-Dana
 Top of the page
CAuser Page Icon Posted 2010-04-19 5:14 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

YouTube changed the format that made my Sony Mylo-2 incompatible.
 Top of the page
paulm64 Page Icon Posted 2010-04-20 11:08 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Dana - 2010-04-19 9:13 AM

What "youtube app" is that? I've never been able to get youtube working reliably on mine.

On my XP laptop, youtube just stopped working with Opera... get a message to update flash, even though I just did. So perhaps they changed something that broke Opera but made it work on your mini.

-Dana

Mine has a youtube app installed. It doesn't say who made it or anything but it says version 1.16.
It didn't work when I first got my mini. But it works fine now. I would be interested to know if someone else who has one of these mini is able to use the youtube app. I'm trying to figure out if something changed on youtube or if something I did to mine fixed it.

Top of the page
Dana Page Icon Posted 2010-04-20 2:11 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

If you're able to, and would care to, post that youtube app I'd bet a bunch of us would love try it.

Last night I came across a copy of Coreplayer 1.2.5 (updated version of TCPMP, which always crashes on my system when I try to play a video). CP has a "youtube" button, and when I first installed it, it worked (if a bit choppy). An hour later, it wasn't working any more, it crashes the same as TCPMP, and I have no idea what I did to break it.

-Dana

-Dana
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-04-20 5:47 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

The YouTube app opens on most of my CE 5 and 6 netbooks, but then when I select a video, it spits out an error message saying it can't find the video. (How, then, did it find the video link in response to the search query?)
 Top of the page
mscdex Page Icon Posted 2010-04-20 5:59 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

CE Geek - 2010-04-20 12:47 PM

The YouTube app opens on most of my CE 5 and 6 netbooks, but then when I select a video, it spits out an error message saying it can't find the video. (How, then, did it find the video link in response to the search query?)

I'm guessing here but maybe it's scraping the actual youtube page for the video and by "can't find the video" it means it is unable to find a certain piece of information in the HTML source to be able to play/stream the video (i.e. trying to grab the FLV of the video or what have you). I know Youtube has changed some things recently that have broken 3rd party Youtube apps, so maybe that has something to do with this.
 Top of the page
paulm64 Page Icon Posted 2010-04-21 1:28 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

CE Geek - 2010-04-20 12:47 PM

That's exactly what it used to do on mine. But then it started working. Works fine now. I think that maybe something I installed recently made it start working. I just wished I could figure out what I did so you guys could do it, too.

Top of the page
paulm64 Page Icon Posted 2010-04-21 5:37 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Here's a YouTube video I made showing my mini's youtube app in action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtGq4xhsrzo
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2010-04-21 11:01 AM
#
H/PC Elder

a lot of the apps that use tcpmp do look for the source for the video.

This meant that vids hosted by youtube work fine but vids hosted somewhere else didn't work. So I always found this way hit & miss as to what played and what didn't.

Maybe that's part of the reason they sometimes look to work and sometimes not
 Top of the page
Dana Page Icon Posted 2010-04-21 12:09 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Well, that doesn't look like TCPMP or coreplayer, unless the app that selects the video is passing it to the other program to actually play it.

Paul, any way you could post or send a copy of the app?

-Dana
 Top of the page
paulm64 Page Icon Posted 2010-04-21 1:08 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Dana - 2010-04-21 7:09 AM

Well, that doesn't look like TCPMP or coreplayer, unless the app that selects the video is passing it to the other program to actually play it.

Paul, any way you could post or send a copy of the app?

-Dana

Sure. I'll just have to find a place to upload it to.

BTW, it IS the TCPMP. It must just be skinned or something.

Top of the page
Dana Page Icon Posted 2010-04-21 3:48 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

What does the youtube icon on your desktop point to? player.exe? Perhaps a modded version to not only browse YT but also work with these devices?

I like yousendit.com for file transfers. Free account, no waiting, then just post the link here.

-Dana
 Top of the page
paulm64 Page Icon Posted 2010-04-22 2:06 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Dana - 2010-04-21 10:48 AM

What does the youtube icon on your desktop point to? player.exe? Perhaps a modded version to not only browse YT but also work with these devices?

I like yousendit.com for file transfers. Free account, no waiting, then just post the link here.

-Dana

The Youtube icon points to a YouTube.exe file in the Programs directory. I'll upload it shortly.
 Top of the page
paulm64 Page Icon Posted 2010-04-22 3:01 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Here's a link to the file. I hope I did it right.

http://www.yousendit.com/download/OHo3S3hlK3h3NUpFQlE9PQ
 Top of the page
« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.281 - Cached queries : 52 - Executed queries : 30