x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

My CE6 No Name 7" Mini Netbook

« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next »
Dana Page Icon Posted 2010-04-22 4:02 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Thanks... your link works but for some reason the file download isn't clickable in either browser on my minibook. I know yousendit works, so I'll try it when I get home. Right now I'm stuck in the courthouse waiting to be selected (or not selected) for jury duty, "borrowing" wifi from a restaurant a block away... but the minibook is perfect for that!

-Dana
 Top of the page
Dana Page Icon Posted 2010-04-22 5:42 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Nevermind... I was trying to click in the wrong place, the download linewas there, once I scrolled the screen to the right to see it, and I got the file. Unfortunately, it doesn't run; it does nothing when I try to run it. Is there a command line argument perhaps in the desktop shortcut link? I checked for required dll's and they all seem to be present.

-Dana
 Top of the page
paulm64 Page Icon Posted 2010-04-23 12:49 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

I looked but I didn't see any command line params. Maybe it needs to be in the right place to run properly. Mine was located in the following path...

"\Program Files\YouTube\YouTube.exe"

What machine are you trying to run it on?

Edited by paulm64 2010-04-23 12:52 AM
 Top of the page
Dana Page Icon Posted 2010-04-23 3:31 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Its a generic chinese 6.0 minibook. Isn't yours the same? Shouldn't matter where it is but I created and moved it into the same path as you have and still no joy. Hopefully somebody more knowledgeable than I will get interested and figure this out.

-Dana
 Top of the page
paulm64 Page Icon Posted 2010-04-23 3:35 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Didn't you're come with it already installed? Mine did. What are the specs on yours?

Top of the page
paulm64 Page Icon Posted 2010-04-24 10:15 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Well, tonite I was typing a word doc and when I went to save the file it says that 'saving is disabled on illegal copies'. Apparently the pre-installed office software quits working after about a month. Bummer. But I think I will buy a copy of the software from Softmaker. It's totally worth it. But it does increase the cost of these 'bargain basement netbooks' a little. I just hope nothing else quits working. And I hope I can install over the pre-installed software without any hassles. Buyers Beware!

Top of the page
Kand
Kand Page Icon Posted 2010-04-24 8:13 PM
#
Hello,

and tanks for this thread ! For your information, no NTFS compatibility

One of the manufacturers seems to be : http://www.menqgroup.com/products/pro/E720.asp

In my quest of good (and possibly) free software,

- Xnpocket (image management tool) http://www.xnviewpocket.org/

- Total Commander (fileexplorer) http://www.ghisler.com/wince2x.htm

Still looking for PDF reader, and games ... Suggestion welcome
 Top of the page
paulm64 Page Icon Posted 2010-04-24 8:26 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

paulm64 - 2010-04-24 5:15 AM

Well, tonite I was typing a word doc and when I went to save the file it says that 'saving is disabled on illegal copies'. Apparently the pre-installed office software quits working after about a month. Bummer. But I think I will buy a copy of the software from Softmaker. It's totally worth it. But it does increase the cost of these 'bargain basement netbooks' a little. I just hope nothing else quits working. And I hope I can install over the pre-installed software without any hassles. Buyers Beware!

I was partially mistaken with this post. It will still save in Softmakers' own format. The above mentioned error occurs when you try to save in Microsoft's format. This seems to be true with the spreadsheet program as well.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2010-04-24 8:34 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

So if it will save in Softmaker format, then it shouldn't be any problem as it Softmaker offered the desktop version of their software for free. You should be able to sync the file to your desktop and open it with their desktop Textmaker and resave it in MSWord format if you so desire.
 Top of the page
arjen20 Page Icon Posted 2010-05-01 5:39 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Deleted: Violation of rule #6
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2010-05-01 5:41 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

arjen20 - 2010-05-01 8:39 PM

Hi guys i have selected the model of my new netbook. I am going for Dell but i also want and good looking skin on in it so i have searched a lot on internet regarding this and came through this website DELETED Is this website is really good in providing netbook with nice skin?

Obvious trolling and/or advertisement.
 Top of the page
Jacobi Page Icon Posted 2010-05-02 8:03 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

RTFM - 2010-03-30 7:47 PM

I uploaded a zip file full of software

Cheers.

where?
 Top of the page
hmascience Page Icon Posted 2010-05-02 1:34 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Jacobi - 2010-05-02 3:03 AM

RTFM - 2010-03-30 7:47 PM

I uploaded a zip file full of software

Cheers.

where?

http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=15062&posts=29&start=1
 Top of the page
Jacobi Page Icon Posted 2010-05-03 1:56 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

hmascience - 2010-05-02 8:34 AM

zip file full of software
http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=15062&posts=29&start=1

thanks, got the download this time
 Top of the page
pix
pix Page Icon Posted 2010-05-13 1:06 PM
#
I have one and cant get it to read anything in the usb or sd card slot-please help
 Top of the page
« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.328 - Cached queries : 49 - Executed queries : 31