x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

My CE6 No Name 7" Mini Netbook

« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next »
Dana Page Icon Posted 2010-05-13 3:06 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Check that the USB or SD cards aren't formatted NTFS... CE doesn't support NTFS. FAT32 is OK. I had a USB thumb drive and a larger USB external drive that I couldn't read, both were NTFS, after reformatting them FAT32 they both work fine.

-Dana
 Top of the page
shaun
shaun Page Icon Posted 2010-05-18 4:29 PM
#
hey i have the exact same laptop and im trying to find a dongle that works with the windows ce 6.0 program any ideas ?
cheers
 Top of the page
Dana Page Icon Posted 2010-05-19 12:30 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

A dongle for what?
 Top of the page
mizmaj
mizmaj Page Icon Posted 2010-05-20 12:35 AM
#
i have the same mini netbook with the you tube 1.16 that was preinstalled and it has worked from the time I got the computer.
 Top of the page
Evanski
Evanski Page Icon Posted 2010-06-01 11:35 PM
#
Ntied massive help, mine 7 no name arrived 3 days ago and I still can't config it. Please need step by step guidance through config process..........
Am new to your site...
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-06-02 5:13 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

You'll have to be a bit more specific. Exactly what are you trying to configure on it?
 Top of the page
jevanski
jevanski Page Icon Posted 2010-06-03 4:49 AM
#
Thanks for your response.....am try to configure CE 6 for internet.....apparantly no manual available and I am strictly a novic. Need step by step guidance for internet set up so I can roam from hotspot to hotspot....Any help would be appreciated !
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-06-03 9:25 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

First thing you have to do is make sure the built-in WiFi receiver is turned on, as it may not be by default when you power up the device. There is usually an icon on the desktop screen for this; otherwise it may be in the Control Panel. Once you've verified that WiFi is turned on, just double-click on the little network icon in the system tray on the lower right-hand corner of the screen. This will open up the network settings window, which shows the wireless networks available. Select one and click "Connect," and wait until the network icon in the system tray shows two little blue computer screens (indicating that you're now connected). You're then ready to browse the Web.
 Top of the page
vladimk
vladimk Page Icon Posted 2010-06-07 4:12 AM
#
My problem: I cannot go online. WIFI seems to work OK ('Excellent signal strength', icon in the tray changes to show WIFI connexion), but the Internet Explorer cannot open a single site. Could you please describe in detail (I am a novice) which settings I should change to be able to go online? Thanks!

vladimk
 Top of the page
jevanski
jevanski Page Icon Posted 2010-06-09 11:14 PM
#
Thanks.....it works !!!!
 Top of the page
Karl
Karl Page Icon Posted 2010-06-26 9:54 AM
#
Hi,

I've been trying to get my 7" Netbook working for 2 weeks. Like you i bought mine from ebay (Chinese) but cannot get onto the internet. My WI-FI is showing a very good signal through my existing wireless (Sky). However, the computer monitor symbal in the task bar is still showing a RED cross? any suggestions as i have contacted the seller and as he's chinese not good communication?

Regards

Karl
 Top of the page
karl
karl Page Icon Posted 2010-06-26 10:32 AM
#
OK,

Just tried an ethenet lead and i can now get onto the internet. So the problem must be the wireless side of things? would this have something to do with passwords on my netgear???

anybody???
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2010-06-26 12:34 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Try it on an open wifi signal, one that doesn't use WEP or WPA...
 Top of the page
mesta Page Icon Posted 2010-07-12 5:50 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I also bought one of these Windows Embedded CE 6.0 Chinese version but i can't get it connected to the internet wireless. Whenever I tried it just keep saying not connected. I don't know what else to do. I feel like I got a bad deal for my money. Any advice would be welcome
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-07-12 6:33 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

This seems to be an issue with these netbooks. See this thread:

http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=15097&posts=17&start=1
 Top of the page
« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 10