x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

My CE6 No Name 7" Mini Netbook

« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next »
Peter
Peter Page Icon Posted 2010-08-29 12:40 AM
#
Hello,
I messed up my flash installation of my CE6 mini netbook.
Can someone provided me the flash dll's ?

Thx in advance.
 Top of the page
hmascience Page Icon Posted 2010-08-29 12:40 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Don't bother for my sake. I'm really not all that interested or able to give you any insight that isn't pure speculation. Good luck in your quest.

Jacobi - 2010-08-28 1:37 PM

When I have the time,..., I'll expand my answer to your whole message, including permissions from Skype, and speculations on where the versions of Skype on Chinese netbooks come from, on the WinCE 6 Skype thread I had started:

http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=15340&posts=12&start=1

Edited by hmascience 2010-08-29 12:43 AM
 Top of the page
LisaHouserman Page Icon Posted 2010-09-09 1:22 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

paulm64 - 2010-03-29 12:31 PM

Here's some stuff you can do on your 7” Mini’s...

How to use ORB
ORB is a great free program that you can use to stream your media (pics, vids, music, docs) from your pc to your Mini. It works over the internet so you can access your media from anywhere in the world that has wifi! If your pc has a tv tuner in it you can even watch live tv on your mini! Go to www.orb.com for more info. You have to leave your pc on all the time, though. I leave mine on anyway since I use mine as a DVR and for downloading.

Make sure your mini has TCMP 0.72RC1 on it. (mine cane installed)
Change the layout setting to ‘mobile interface
change the stream speed settings to 120kbs
change the stream format to winamp .pls format

You can now access your ORB media on your mini!

How to Send faxes

www.FaxZero.com is a great site for sending faxes from your Mini. If your Mini has Softmaker Suite on it you can save in .DOC or .PDF format and upload this to the faxzero website directly from your browser. Works great! You can send a fax for free if you don’t mind the faxzero logo on your coveroage, or $1.99 for one without the ad.

How to listen to internet radio

Shoutcast radio works great on these netbooks. Just go to www.shoutcast.com, select the ‘classic view’ and enjoy any of the hundreds of stations.

Control your desktop PC from your Mini

Go here and get the VNCViewer for PocketPC. I used the one for pocketpc 2002 and it worked fine on my mini. I just downloaded it directly to my mini and ran it. Of course, you’ll want to download the VNC Server for your pc from www.realvnc.com, if you haven’t already.

www.cs.utah.edu/~midgley/wince/vnc.html

All this stuff sounds dandy but of course, none of it will work when I try. I went to the radio place and couldn't even find the words "classic view" like you said. I have no idea where on that page it was. Well, I played some of it on my large laptop anyway. I get warnings galore all of the time on this damn computer. Thanks for all the above info and if I can ever carry out even one of the things, I shall let you know!!
 Top of the page
llewyn Page Icon Posted 2010-10-02 4:57 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I am hoping someone can help me out.

I have one of these 7" machines. Other than the apps burned into the rom, I have been unable to get anything other than the core media player to run. I have tried at least 10 different apps with no success. All say "not a valid windows ce setup file" or give me an error message saying the app is not suitable for this machine.

I have tried programs written specifically for windows 6 - arm processors all the way down to pocket pc 2002 apps. Nothing seems to work.

The version stated by the system page is Windows CE 6.0.

Does anyone know of a way to install apps on a machine like this? I have a feeling that some of the apps would run if I could just get them installed.

Thanks!
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-10-02 8:25 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

More than likely they will - but as you're finding out, there are few CAB files that will execute properly on these CE 6 netbooks. The solution is to extract them on the PC and then copy the resulting files over to the device. MSCEInf will do this for you. Here's one place where you can download it:

http://handheld.softpedia.com/get/System-Utilities/MSCEInf-22420.shtml
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2010-10-02 11:13 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Two of the main reasons most cab files won't install is either they were compiled with the option of file compression turned on or they were set for arm/xscale cpu types. While these cpus are arm compatible, they are not recognized as such by the cab hence will refuse to decompress. And none of them will decompress if file compression is on.

WinCE cab manager will correct both of these problems and allow the cab to install, though CEGeeks method is really easier for beginners.
 Top of the page
RTFM
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2010-10-02 8:00 PM
#
Or save yourself the time and headaches and download my zip file full of extracted software found here:

http://bento-linux.org/wiki/wm8505/vt8505/windows-ce/mega-pack

(the same file is mirrored on 3 different services, just need to download from one of those links)

Cheers.
 Top of the page
ogre82 Page Icon Posted 2010-10-03 12:53 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hello!

My Skype is problem! Why not hear my sound! How it is possible to set the microphone? I have Windows Embedded CE 6.0 and skype for pocket pc 2.0.0.51

Please, help me! Thanks!
 Top of the page
rgisondi
rgisondi Page Icon Posted 2010-10-04 12:46 AM
#
RTFM I have tried the flash lite that is in your mega pack on my tinybook but without succes.
Does it work on it? There is a how to do? I have also tried flash lite 3.1 but it also doesn't work
 Top of the page
RTFM
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2010-10-04 1:16 AM
#
No not on my tinybook. I use coreplayer for youtube on it. I did get flashlite working on my ce5 razorbook however. Just import the reg entry i included and move the dll's into the /windows folder. It may work, it may not.

Cheers
 Top of the page
kidil
kidil Page Icon Posted 2010-10-23 10:00 PM
#
Hello,
I want to buy one of these generic netbooks (because frankly I cannot afford anything better...- any other ideas are wellcome), but I also need to make a pstn internet connection. Is that possible with these netbooks, if I buy a usb modem? Have you tried anything simillar? I have a psion infrared travel modem...is there a way to use it ?
Thaks in advance for your time
 Top of the page
Jacobi Page Icon Posted 2010-10-24 2:20 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

ogre82 - 2010-10-03 7:53 AM

Hello!

My Skype is problem! Why not hear my sound! How it is possible to set the microphone? I have Windows Embedded CE 6.0 and skype for pocket pc 2.0.0.51

Please, help me! Thanks!

what make, CPU, RAM etc. is your device?
And, is it from China?
did it come with Skype pre-installed?
are you calling another Skype user by their username, or are you trying to make a phone call to a phone #?
Are you hearing any sound at all? Version 2 has a lot of lag, do you give it enough time?
 Top of the page
Jacobi Page Icon Posted 2010-10-25 3:48 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

ogre82 - 2010-10-03 7:53 AM

Hello!

Please, help me! Thanks!

Also, PPC version 2 of Skype is notorious for a lag problem, corrected fairly (though not completely) in version 3.
Did you give it enough time?
 Top of the page
pnoy Page Icon Posted 2010-11-05 10:55 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi, I just got my mininote but I cant seem to find a compatible yahoo messenger for it. Also youtube video is not showing up and saying that my current browser is outdated but there seems to be no application compatible to Win CE 6.0 build 3122. Any workaround on how to install yahoo messenger and flash player. Also the built in skype program doesnt work at all. It just keeps on saying logging in............

Thanks in advance
 Top of the page
pnoy Page Icon Posted 2010-11-06 1:10 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Seems like theres no solution for all of my problems. Theres no hope, better yet sell this one.
 Top of the page
« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.300 - Cached queries : 45 - Executed queries : 32