x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

mp 900 and lucent silverlan wireless

dknapp1 Page Icon Posted 2010-03-29 5:46 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi all, I have had a NEC MobilePro 900 for a while now, and it came with a lucent wavelan silver, that I'm trying to get to work.

I've searched this forum and that got me pretty close, but I still seem to be missing something, cuz it don't work. I was able to stick the card into my laptop, and the lights light up, so the card still works.

Also, I don't have a sync cable, and usb sync doesn't seem to work - tried activesync 3.8.
Currently use a compactflash 64 meg to transfer files.

mbpro 900 details

ms windows for handheld pc 2000
core system version 3.0

firmware p530 V5.5
Build date sept 1 2003
pic firmware id 4.15.7
bootloader version 3.2

Processor XScale PCA255
HPC 2000

I was able to extract the cab files from WLWCE406b, and from that I was able to extract the wireless.SA1100.CAB file, which was the only cab that seemed to like my mp900, so my guess is that is the correct one.

So now I have the orinoco client installed, but when I click on it, it looks like a wireless bar graph appears in my systray, but then after about 4 seconds it goes away.

The readme didn't say anything about the pca255 cpu, so I guess i'm wondering if i'm using the correct drivers, and if not, then where should I get the correct drivers.

And, is there anything else that I should look at or think about upgrading?

Thanks!

dbk
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-03-29 7:17 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Moved to Hardware Support

You're definitely using the right CAB file; it is PXA2xx compatible. But try the Agere driver from this site:

http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/h/0031.asp

The same CAB can be found inside the ZIP package, in another ZIP file called Inflated.zip.
 Top of the page
dknapp1 Page Icon Posted 2010-03-29 9:57 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thanks!
I've downloaded both the 7.x and the 8.x experimental - but I won't be able to test it until tonite.

Thanks and I'll update the thread when I either get stuck again or it's all working.

dbk
 Top of the page
dknapp1 Page Icon Posted 2010-03-30 3:51 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Success, or almost success!

I'm using wpa/tkip at home, which I think isn't going to work with the silverlan card.

But, I might get another access point and set it up with wep and only allow this mac address.

My question is - what are the data security settings and 4 keys used for? Is that a WEP thing? And/or, is there any way to use wpa/tkip?

Thanks!

dbk

Top of the page
CAuser Page Icon Posted 2010-03-30 6:44 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Yes, it's WEP. I just use 1 key. Oh, you need to enter your key in hexdecimals instead of getting the key automatically from the system.
 Top of the page
dknapp1 Page Icon Posted 2010-03-30 5:05 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Groovy - thanks!
I think I have another linksys that I can chain onto my main linksys and just get the mac addresses restricted. I think that'll make the mp900 a lot more useful, though I was really just using it to do some basic writing.

Thanks!

dbk
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.25 - Cached queries : 45 - Executed queries : 27