x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Jake Page Icon Posted 2010-04-25 6:34 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
RTFM--

Quick question: since I've been downloading each updated zip file all along, does that mean I can delete the previous packages? Does the 4/24/10 download contain all the files from previous downloads? I haven't bought this type of machine yet, so am working only theoretically here.

(And completely OT, and in NO way nagging, any date for the final release of 3mx Ultra?)

Jake
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2010-04-25 7:44 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

If you compare the previous downloads with the current, you will see that each update adds files to the original package, and includes previous applications.

NathanielZhu....the world is not really that cruel...but it is that immature.
 Top of the page
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2010-04-25 9:10 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Jake: Rich is correct. Just added to what was already there.
As for 3MX, not sure. It's 98% done, however my Ubuntu install decided to bork it's partition table somehow and it no longer boots and i can't access it with any live cd's either. I may just release it in its current state. It's actually done, except for replacing the broken xarchiver.

Cheers.
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2010-04-25 9:42 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
Oh, boy: on both counts. As usual, your contributions/support make me buy these things in the first place

Bummer about the Ubuntu. If you just need to get into some kind of Linux flavor in a hurry, Puppy has a Live CD and with only 100mb OS, you're in quickly (but I may be misunderstanding the problem).

Jake
 Top of the page
kand
kand Page Icon Posted 2010-04-26 9:39 PM
#
Thanks very much for your new package RTFM ! I handpiked a few good ones.

For your next ZIP update, my findings for POWDER (the rogue-like game) in order to get a bigger screen (640*480)
Go at http://folk.poesie.ru/powder/ and get powder-barebone.zip and follow attached instructions.

To my knowledge, the only FREE game that take full use of the 800*480 screen is ICBM.

The only emulator I am able to run is PocketNester (well scummvm is ok). But is so small and half in japanese and it seems you can't redefine the keys ...

An Interactive fiction reader would be welcomed in your package (I can't get frotzCE to get widescreen resolution).

FYI, my handheld is this one :
http://cgi.ebay.com/7-Mini-Netbook-Laptop-Notebook-WIFI-Windows-2GB-Black_W0QQitemZ270568890258QQcategoryZ81751QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp4340.m263QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DDLSL%252BPSSI%252BSI%26its%3DI%26itu%3DUCI%252BUA%252BUCK%252BRTU%26otn%3D10%26po%3D%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D8954165430121226069
 Top of the page
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2010-04-27 3:58 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Thanks for the info on powder.

I wont be adding to my zipfile anymore. Just wanted to make it a bit easier for people having issues installing software to have some stuff to play with. My main goal is to hack the bootloader on my tinybook so i can boot ARM Ubuntu from SD card and flash Android to nand. Once that happens.. goodbye CE6!

If you dont mind paying for software, morphgear (non free) works well on my tinybook and supports nes/snes/gameboy/sega genesis, master system and game gear/turbogfx16. I also just tried the CE port of comeback64 (free commodore 64 emulator) and it works perfectly. PocketDOS also works great (non free) and displays fullscreen.

A lot of winmobile software works flawlessly also. I got conduits pocket artist installed (non free), coreplayer (non free), snes9x (free), warfare inc (demo), tank ace 1944 (non free), par 3 golf (non free) and loads more working. Just takes some trial and error. Some stuff works out of the box, some need missing .dll's added and some just plain don't work at all. That's part of the fun?

Cheers.
 Top of the page
mscdex Page Icon Posted 2010-04-27 6:12 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

RTFM - 2010-04-26 10:58 PM

If you dont mind paying for software, morphgear (non free) works well on my tinybook and supports nes/snes/gameboy/sega genesis

Morphgear is free (it's even licensed under the GPL with source code available on the Morphgear website) along with the snes, sega genesis, and tg16 modules. It's Marat Fayzullin's modules that require paid licenses (to remove trial limitations).
 Top of the page
Dana Page Icon Posted 2010-04-27 1:36 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

RTFM, what did you do to get coreplayer to work? I can run it on my minibook, and it plays music files OK for the most part, but try to play a video (either local or youtube) and it crashes. I've spent hours playing with various options and versions. Same for TCPMP.

-Dana
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2010-04-27 3:34 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Did you try changing video output mode in settings window?
 Top of the page
Dana Page Icon Posted 2010-04-27 6:42 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Tried that, and damm near everything else, no joy.

-Dana
 Top of the page
RTFM
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2010-04-27 8:14 PM
#
Dana: I had to mess around trying different dll's that i placed in coreplayers directory. Finally found the magic 4 or 5 dll's and now it plays youtube videos wonderfully. I never had any issues playing videos in general though. Everything worked but internet connectivity ( no streaming radio or youtube) until i found the correct dll's. I'm at work, but if i remember i'll upload the dll's i used later.

Oh, also, try NOT using GAPI for video driver. Use GDI instead. I had odd/random colors and borked video outut when using GAPI.

Cheers.
 Top of the page
Dana Page Icon Posted 2010-04-30 12:50 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

If you get a chance to find those dll's that'd be great. I had the same results with GAPI, too. It even crashes when I'm just playing music, if video is enabled (disable video and you don't see any album art).

-Dana
 Top of the page
eses Page Icon Posted 2010-04-30 12:56 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

thanks for the pack, lot of the progs work on my wince 6 gps but I also have the same problem as dana! so if you could share the dll's please do so.

Top of the page
eses Page Icon Posted 2010-04-30 2:31 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I got it working with this version+instructions : http://www.sendspace.com/file/pl5h41 <----------------TCPMP + FLV

EDIT: now its crashing aagian after a few reboots...it must be the register..

Edited by eses 2010-04-30 3:06 PM
 Top of the page
Jacobi Page Icon Posted 2010-05-03 1:51 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

RTFM - 2010-04-10 6:59 PM

You can't just download any old software that you would for your desktop computer. These netbooks run windows embedded, not full blown windows, and have different cpu types than those typically used on desktops and laptops. You'll want to look for handheld pc or pocket pc software for ARM devices. On that note however i just updated my software collection that runs on CE5 and CE6 netbooks. It includes some games, messengers, utilities etc etc. Just extract and copy to a SD/USB stick and run the programs from there, or copy the software you want to your device.

Download here: http://www.filefactory.com/file/b109g61/n/winCE6soft.zip

Scroll to bottom of page and click "download with file factory basic" to download.

Cheers.

Thanks much! - got the download this time
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 68 - Executed queries : 11