x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

CT2020 Wireless Authentication

rockstar63 Page Icon Posted 2010-04-14 11:26 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

For some reason, I have a feeling that I've seen this question somewhere in the forum before, but numerous searches turned up nothing. Please forgive me if it's already been answered before.

I recently bought a Fujitsu CT2020, and it's been working great so far. I got it connected to my college's wireless network, which uses 802.1x PEAP. Everything works fine and I can browse the internet etc., except a box will occasionally pop up and ask me to reenter my network password, even when I checked the box that said "save password." It appears to come up more frequently when I'm in an area with multiple AP's for the network, such as the study hall, so it might be a problem with roaming from one AP to another. Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks in advance!
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2010-04-15 12:35 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

You might have hit the nail on the head...loosing signal and then reconnecting, or it may simply be the way the network is set up...or require frequent password renewal. The university that I work at does that, dumping inactive connections that time out from non-use.
 Top of the page
rockstar63 Page Icon Posted 2010-04-16 8:22 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

That does seem to be what's happening. I think it tries to connect again and authenticate with the saved login information, but sends the wrong password. I think I found out exactly what was causing it to "forget" my password. A person on this site had the same issue. Apparently the encrypted password stored in the registry is not being sent properly. The writer was unable to find a solution, but did code up a workaround for his/her kiosk application that would move the login box off the screen whenever it came up and type the password in automatically. I'm not sure how that could be implemented normally though - perhaps just a small program running in the background?
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 9