x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Just re-bought NEC 900pro

Grasshopper Page Icon Posted 2010-04-26 10:48 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

I just Re-bought a nec mobilepro 900 off ebay for 34.50! I had bought one my junior year for a high school cisco class, this was in 2002 for 300 dollars US....
I can't say enough about how genius these little computers were and still are, and especially before their time, not that they invented much of it, but they packaged everything so nicely.

My options were this or a psion netbookpro for about 100 dollars more... anyone thinkin I made the wrong choice? Every page I looked at for Psion's netbook had reported WIFI defects and even worse the dreaded recall, plus it had no USB or sync cables etc... I am limited in the software department with the NEC but I didn't buy this to game or take over the world so I'm content. I'm new to the site and I'm sure the question's will follow, howdy.
By the way I did see a bunch of 7 inch netbook no names all over the site but I wouldn't blink if I heard that one exploded like a kmart bb gun, or burst into flames in your hands, anyone know why these are flooding the market on ebay? I mean there cannot be that many people buying these... if so there would be 1 for every man women and child on this earth.... sorry to rant but something has to be said to defer people from buying these things while good cheap technology still exists from 10 years ago and can do the same things, better in some cases.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2010-04-26 11:03 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

There is no bigger Mobilepro 900/900C fan than myself. But I would never hesitate to own a Netbook Pro. Most of them work beautifully, and there is nothing like a nice big screen for surfing.

As far as those generic CE5/6 netbooks...I see them as the natural evolution of our legacy HPC devices. Since I already own every Mobilepro made, quite a few Mobilegears as well, as well as a Jornda 680/728...I made the plunge and now own one of those netbooks...and have a couple more on the way to play with.
 Top of the page
Grasshopper Page Icon Posted 2010-04-27 12:20 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

Good to hear that it didn't explode in your hands lol. All jokes aside it's good to see fans of this technology especially ones who can respond in under an hour! Your website is the mobilepro techy mecca btw, did you ever take a class specificly based on this type of computer or did you learn it all just by heresay and trial and error like most of us? Forgive me if I missed the page with your credentials
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2010-04-27 11:18 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Look for software called "Redgear" on here. It is free to download for members and will allow you to run some PPC software out of the box.

Either that or look for cmonex's 900c custom rom. It includes loads of extra software in rom and makes the 900 a lot more usefull.

John

PS redgear if keepint the OS std. or cmonex's rom but not both.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2010-04-27 2:10 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I learned everything from trial and error...and people here on HPCFactor. (Along with the defunct PDA Street Forums and Pocketpcmag Forums)

But mainly here...
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 10