x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

5-in-1 compact flash reader & PCMCIA compact flash reader

Cleo Page Icon Posted 2010-04-27 12:23 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hello to the jornada 720/728 family,
I am new to the world of pdas and I truly love my jornada 720 lately I have installed quite a bit of applications to it which are useful. I enjoy using this device because I am an Artist which uses his camera to capture nice studies to paint. In regards to using a sony cyber-shoot 5.1 megapixel that stores images on memory sticks. I just purchased a 5-in-1 compact flash card reader $18.00 which allows me to connect my memory stick and SD cards to my jornada 720 also I had to order the PCMCIA type 1 & 2 compact flash reader $6.75 so that I could connect these from the side of the device. Now, I am able to take pictures and insert the memory sticks and SD cards into the jornada to review, log , and manipulate them using Pocket Artist. The main compact flash slot houses a 4 gb with all my apps. on it now I have two compact flash slots to use I love it. I just wanted to share this information with you all I also purchased both components from amazon.com
"Memory sticks only work in 5-in-1 compact flash reader by using memory stick adaptor Thank You"

Edited by Cleo 2010-04-27 12:38 AM
 Top of the page
hmascience Page Icon Posted 2010-04-27 12:47 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Did you make a submission to the Hardware Compatibility List (HCL) on this site? It is a database (it'll ask for the manufacturers and model numbers) that folks can use to try to sort through the plethora of options.

The HPC form factor is a pretty nifty size and tool.
 Top of the page
Dana Page Icon Posted 2010-04-27 1:32 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

My CE6 minibook doesn't recognize my cybershot camera as a USB drive, though it does recognize other cameras. When I plug the camera into my PC, it sees it as "Sony memory stick".

However, I can take the memory stick and put it in a universal USB memory card reader, and then then the minibook does/i] read it.

-Dana
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2010-04-27 3:31 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Dana - 2010-04-27 4:32 PM

My CE6 minibook doesn't recognize my cybershot camera as a USB drive, though it does recognize other cameras. When I plug the camera into my PC, it sees it as "Sony memory stick".

However, I can take the memory stick and put it in a universal USB memory card reader, and then then the minibook does/i] read it.

-Dana

A bit off this topic.
 Top of the page
Cleo
Cleo Page Icon Posted 2010-04-28 6:25 PM
#
Tohilosopher

No I haven't done so. Did not know of it. Thank you I shall list the devices that I am using on there.
 Top of the page
Cleo
Cleo Page Icon Posted 2010-04-28 6:28 PM
#
To Philosopher
I am sorry for the first message I did not place that silly emoticon on your name some how it appeared in that place when I submitted the message. Again, I am sorry...
 Top of the page
Cleo
Cleo Page Icon Posted 2010-04-28 10:36 PM
#
In regards to my earlier post the name of the PCMCIA card is PCMCIA Compact Flash Type 1 Adaptor (CGI) Sold by: OEMPCWorld and the Norman 4 in 1 Compact Flash Card Adapter Sold by: Norman Camera & Video. Both are working fine with the jornada 720. Like, I mention earlier I am now able to view memory sticks and SD now. Also, the title of the 4 in 1 compact flash says 4 in 1 however, when I received it the box said 5 in 1 so that is why I titled this post as 5 in 1 compact flash.

Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 42 - Executed queries : 30