x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

MobilePro Master Page Icon Posted 2010-04-27 9:07 PM
#
Avatar image of MobilePro Master
H/PC Philosopher

I have Handheld PC 2000 on my MobilePro 790, and have found it difficult to find any useful software that is compatible with it. (MIPS processor) Does anybody have a suggestion of where to look, or even a specific software?

P.S. I have also been searching for a software for my laptop that can convert Powerpoint 97 presentations to Pocket Powerpoint v3.01 ones.
 Top of the page
MobilePro Master Page Icon Posted 2010-04-27 9:09 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Whoops, I guess this should be moved to the Handheld PC 2000 discussions!

I AM A TOTAL NOOB
 Top of the page
mscdex Page Icon Posted 2010-04-27 10:09 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

What software are you looking for in particular?
 Top of the page
MobilePro Master Page Icon Posted 2010-04-27 10:38 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Nothing in particular really, although I really would like to find one of those Ir remote softwares that turn your IrDA port into a remote for controlling stuff. It would be nice. (especially if it's free )

Thanks for the site!

Edited by MobilePro Master 2010-04-27 10:42 PM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2010-04-27 10:47 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-04-28 2:10 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Moved to Handheld PC 2000

Check the link in mscdex' signature.
 Top of the page
MobilePro Master Page Icon Posted 2010-04-29 1:21 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

C: Amie, when I tried to use Remote Control II after installing it on my Mobilepro, it said that it was not a valid CE application. What a bummer. Any other suggestions for an Ir remote?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-04-29 3:38 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I'm wondering if anyone has had success with Novii Remote on an H/PC 2000 device. There are several lots of this program being sold cheap on eBay right now.
 Top of the page
smb_gaiden Page Icon Posted 2010-04-29 6:29 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

First, I request all to bear with me, here's an acronym glossary in non-standard terms (I know this will lose 90% of readers)

Consumer IR - Consumer Infra Red (Your TV Remotes and such use this)
GUI - Graphical User Interface (The way the software looks on your screen and stuff like that)
HTPC - Home Theater Personal Computer (Computer connected to your main TV to do DVR capabilities, movies played off storage, and such)
VNC - Virtual Network Computing (Similar to Microsoft's Remote Desktop as seen in the many Viewsonic Air Syncs and the like)

I have no affiliation or ownership of the Novii program, but did feel a need to weigh in on this thread. I bought an Axim x51v for use as a VNC + Consumer IR remote for my HTPC setup. Since I use a lot of custom self-made software or software that is available out there and tweakable... Naturally I was looking into the Consumer IR function for Windows CE API to use. Found out they are lacking. Researched into what Nevo software uses and saw a couple dependencies into some DLL by a company called UEI (Universal Electronics Inc). API on those DLL not published or otherwise reversed, so I started searching for code samples of Consumer IR on PDA or Windows CE. Found some articles that are quite technical at some workarounds people do based on modulation frequencies and wavelength cycles. Wow, low level stuff beyond my comprehension.

In short, these guys are doing a lot of work, hope they got paid well. Thanks for the reminder about ebay for software; going to have to check out if I can get a deal on the deluxe version, so I can script it and remap the GUI layout for my Axim ambitions!
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2010-04-29 9:41 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

MobilePro Master,
Without wantiong to come accross as patronising, are you aware of the difference between host installers and cab installers?

If not have a look at these three documents in support:
Installing Programs from the Host
Installing Programs using .cab files
Installing Programs manually
 Top of the page
MobilePro Master Page Icon Posted 2010-04-29 9:48 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Sorry if I didn't explain it the right way, C: Amie. I didn't have a problem installing Remote Control II, but I did have a problem with running the actual software. (I couldn't)
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 59 - Executed queries : 20