x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Tinybook support only

« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... Next »
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-04-01 12:05 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

He can't stop you from retracting your bid outside of 12 hours the end of the auction....just go here: https://signin.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?SignIn&UsingSSL=1&pUserId=&co_partnerId=2&siteid=0&ru=http%3A%2F%2Foffer.ebay.com%2Fws%2FeBayISAPI.dll%3FRetractBidShow%26guest%3D1&pageType=563

Sign in and when it asks you why, just tell the computer you entered the wrong amount....BTW, if it is mine, somehonw it made it from Michigan to Ohio...then so be it...
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2011-04-01 1:38 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Hey, it looks like you were able to retract the bid!!! Great!
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-04-01 3:22 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

That will always be a problem with these netbooks...they are totally impossible to clear an established password...virtually rendering the device totally useless.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-04-03 11:33 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

The auction did sell...one bidder, $40. Guess it's not too bad for parts...but is useless for a device.

But it looks like there is another one out there, and only a 2 day auction...auction # 120706472879
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2011-04-03 2:38 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2011-04-03 6:29 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

A lot of sellers are using info from our Devices & Specifications pages. Usually, though, they just copy the device's page and include the text in the listing.
 Top of the page
RTFM
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2011-04-09 3:37 AM
#
Rich Hawley - 2011-03-31 8:13 PM

Okay, finally got it today....sweet, looks like new. But I'm confused....Opera Mini works perfectly with it....I didn't remember Opera Mini working with my other T706...am I wrong?

You must be wrong.

Opera mini works on mine, i just never use it. Hate its rendering. Fast yes, but renders for crap, and wont minimize when in use, making multitasking a no go.

Cheers
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-04-09 1:36 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Hmm, it seems to render just like the desktop does for me. I agree it isn't the best browser out there, but it does load some web sites that IE6 won't do. That's about the main reason I will it on my Tinybook.

And you can multitask with it...kinda. First, have the taskbar showing (not hidden) and open up a couple of applications, such as word and excel and a game. Then open up Opera and run it. Now you have 4 open tasks running. You can now swtich between them by just RIGHT-clicking on them on the taskbar while Opera runs in the background (full screen) while you edit your spreadsheet or play your game.

Opera never minimizes, but you can switch back and forth between open apps with it running.

What I don't like about it is that I can't cut and paste info from the Opera Mini browser into a text file
 Top of the page
vemzulla
vemzulla Page Icon Posted 2011-04-29 9:30 AM
#
Where did you get your tiny book? Let me know what you will do about this situation.

Edited: Violation rule #10
 Top of the page
GodMedia Page Icon Posted 2011-08-24 9:32 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Question: One of the Tiny Books I have been testing is connecting just fine to my network (Wifi turns on, the machine reports that it is authenticating and then that it is connected to my network) but when I run IE it tells me that it can't connect no matter what URL I give it, as if the unit isn't connecting to the Internet despite connecting to my network. Any ideas?
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-08-24 9:38 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Maybe connect and then check your wireless router with your desktop and see if the device is actually connected? Or try a different browser? Sounds like a software problem...
 Top of the page
GodMedia Page Icon Posted 2011-08-24 11:48 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

okay, it shows up on my network just fine. When I use IE it shows Local Intranet instead of Internet. Other browsers are giving me the same problem.
 Top of the page
Jacobi Page Icon Posted 2011-08-25 3:20 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

GodMedia - 2011-08-24 6:48 PM

okay, it shows up on my network just fine.

Following the thread I'm not sure which machine you are referring here, did you try getting online with a PC this time, or is this still with the TinyBook.
However with either device, if you can connect to the intranet,
it means
__your wifi card is working and
__the DHCP server on the router is working.

So that leaves the issue of the router itself receiving internet access.
Are you receiving the internet via cable or DSL modem?
If so,
You could try to restart your router:
power router off
disconnect all cables
reconnect cable from router to modem, then
reconnect cable from your device to router
renew ip address on your TinyBook if not connecting still
If that does not work, restart the modem itself using similar technique
And do clarify if you have another device that you can connect to the internet to check this out as well?
If you do have one, let's say a PC, and it is connecting to the internet well,
then this would indicate a configuration problem in your Tinybook firewall for internet access (prossibly a proxy setup, etc.)
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2011-08-25 3:55 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Double-click the WiFi icon (the two monitors) in the system tray to see the IP address it's showing. It may not be connected properly. You'll know this if the IP address shows as 169.254.xxx.xxx instead of 192.168.xxx.xxx. Make sure the router is set for 802.11g transmission rather than 802.11n.
 Top of the page
GodMedia Page Icon Posted 2011-08-25 4:26 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Okay, so here's the situation:

My internet cable modem and router are working fine. I am connected to it right now with my iMac writing this post. I am also able to connect successfully to my intranet and the internet via other Tiny Books (I have three of them in my office right now).

With the Tiny Book in question I am able to connect to the router and other computers on the network are able to see the Tiny Book connected to the network (it shows up as an 'Unknown' Windows machine just like all of the other Tiny Books I have here do.) The Tiny Book itself shows that the WiFi is on (blue light is lit on the case and double-monitor icon is in the system tray). Double-clicking on the double-monitor icon reveals that the Tiny Book is connected to my wireless network and assigned the local IP of 192.168.1.103 with a gateway of 192.168.1.1 (subnet mask 255.255.255.0) all of which are correct for my network. IPv6 shows all information identical to the information on the other connected Tiny Books. The wireless log is identical to the logs on all the other connected Tiny Books. All settings in the Internet Options in the Control Panel are identical to all the other connected Tiny Books.

However, when I launch a browser, be it IE or ISeeBrowser, and type in a URL (usually http://www.google.com for testing purposes) I always receive a failure notice (i.e. "The page cannot be displayed". In IE, the status notification in the lower right corner of the window shows "Local Intranet" whereas the other Tiny Books show "Internet."

Quick Update!

I was able to access Google by entering http://74.125.224.72/

Edited by GodMedia 2011-08-25 4:31 AM
 Top of the page
« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 50 - Executed queries : 29