x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Vr 4122 Pinout/Datasheet?

Pete P. Page Icon Posted 2005-06-21 11:01 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I plan on doing some mods to my Vadem/Mainstreet/Pinax C-1050 and would like to know if anybody has a datasheet with pinout, and possibly interface notes other than to an LCD/vid controller. All the ones I have found are for paying subscribers.... Thanks!
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-06-22 6:50 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

You want schematics of a VR4000.

You'll have to go to NEC OEM or to MIPS themselves for the bus archietecture - and that sort of thing.
 Top of the page
Pete P. Page Icon Posted 2005-06-22 3:18 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Oh... alrighty. I'm just trying to find the serial connection line to the processor/IO bus. That darned proprietary serial connector really bugs me :-P
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-06-22 3:29 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Wouldn't it be a question of just creating a converter and / or soldering a new connector onto the main board with appropriate terminals.... why do you need to trace it back to the CPU?

Objectively curious
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-06-22 3:43 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Pete P. - 2005-06-21 9:01 PM

I plan on doing some mods to my Vadem/Mainstreet/Pinax C-1050 and would like to know if anybody has a datasheet with pinout, and possibly interface notes other than to an LCD/vid controller. All the ones I have found are for paying subscribers.... Thanks!

I did find some pin-out specs for the VR4xxx chips from google in the past. Some folks actually modded 2~3 resistor to overclock change the clock speed a bit.

For serial, you can do as C:amie suggested. The travel dock is really a physical adapter, and I doubt it has any circuitry inside it. So you should be able to get the RX/TX pins, Vcc, GND etc and mod a standard physical serial port from there.
 Top of the page
Pete P. Page Icon Posted 2005-06-22 4:02 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Yes, I am going to reverse engineer the serial cable, as well as ... play with the clock speed :-) It was successful on my E-125, and I'd love for my Clio to be the world's fastest :-D
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.296 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 10