x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

HP Jornada & CF Disk

gjp46 Page Icon Posted 2010-05-01 3:25 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I am trying to use a 128MB SanDisk CF Disk with my Jornada 720. However, when I power up the machine, I get a message 'Unidentified PCCard Adapter' - 'Enter the name of the driver for this PCCard'. There is then a box to enter the 'Driver Name'. If I skip this message, the machine doesn't seem to recognise the card (it doesn't appear in the 'driver' tab in the 'system' folder in 'control panel'. Do I need to install some drivers to use a CF card with the device (if so any idea where I can get them?), or is it perhaps the case that the card is too large to be supported by the the Jornada?

Any assistance very gratefully received.

Many thanks.

Graham
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2010-05-01 3:44 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

No, you shouldn't have to install anything. There could be something wrong with the card.

Assuming that my head isn't frazzled at the moment (it probably is) the HPC2000 default driver name for CF should be:
ATADISK.DLL
 Top of the page
gjp46 Page Icon Posted 2010-05-01 4:17 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Your head certainly isn't frazzled at the moment. I typed ATADISK.DLL into the dialogue box and - hey presto - the card was immediatelty recognised and appears in the 'My Handheld PC' Folder. Managed a complete backup of the machine to the CF card with no trouble.

I did check in the Jornada handbook before placing this post, but there was no reference to the need for drivers for a CF disk. I assumed that the disk would be automatically detected, as they are with my Psion Series 5/5mx.

Anyway, many thanks for your help - much appreciated

Graham
 Top of the page
nathanpc Page Icon Posted 2010-05-01 6:02 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I will edit this in the form of a tutorial and put on the Support area here.

Everyone agree with my idea? I have permition to do this?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-05-01 8:25 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

There already is a tutorial on this, Nathan:

http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/h/0016.asp

This happens occasionally even with good cards, maybe because of a speck of dust or lint on one of the prongs in the CF slot or inside one of the prong holes on the card. Sometimes just removing and re-inserting the card solves the problem.
 Top of the page
nathanpc Page Icon Posted 2010-05-01 8:53 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Ok, I will see some other thing that I could send...
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 10