x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Wifi scanner with RedGear

arlex Page Icon Posted 2010-05-10 9:21 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Hi everybody! After the generous gift of Alpaxo Software with RedGear, I wonder if somebody managed to successfully install a ppc2003 wifi scanner on Jornada 720 (or even tried this). I've been doing some reading over the week-end in order to install the Aironet 340 pcmcia card and have noticed that the HPC2000 working options for wifi scanners are in very short supply. So I thought that maybe with the help of Netgear........ Any good hint would be much appreciated. Thank you.
 Top of the page
RTFM
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2010-05-11 1:11 AM
#
Just use ministumbler. Probably still the best free wifi scanner available. Works without redgear or hacks on j720.

http://hpcmonex.net/izemize/MiniStumbler.zip
 Top of the page
arlex Page Icon Posted 2010-05-11 5:01 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

RTFM - 2010-05-10 8:11 PM

Just use ministumbler. Probably still the best free wifi scanner available. Works without redgear or hacks on j720.

http://hpcmonex.net/izemize/MiniStumbler.zip

Thank you TRFM. Ministumbler seems to me quite frequently used, but it does not work with Aironet 340. PocketWinc from the same source has better chances in this case, but is known not to work with all 340 cards generations. The variety of the cases on the market is large: Nokia D211 has a built-in low performance SSID detect, other pc cards use sniffers built in the drivers. Therefore I asked if by chance somebody bothered to try a ppc2003 "universal" wifi scanner with RedGear. I'm thinking on testing WiFiFoFum with RedGear as soon as my time will allow this. I'll keep you posted.
 Top of the page
arlex Page Icon Posted 2010-05-11 9:21 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Hi everybody, on the above topic just a few (negative) results so far:

- PocketWinc free from izemize's site, with all the dll files copied in the application folder, does not start if RedGear is enabled (box ticked);
- if PocketWinc starts (RedGear disabled), then it doesn't recognize the aironet 340 card - message given:"unable to locate adapter" (this is with the native aironet drivers, I haven't got yet the new drivers)
- WiFiFoFum got installed, but it doesn't run ("cannot find WiFiFofum or one of its components" disregard of the RedGear status - I think it requires .Net CF

Btw: where is the best place to install RedGear: in the ProgramFiles, in the Windows folder or straight in the root directory?
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 8