x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

AutoCorrect for Abbreviation Expansion?

lbhsnec790 Page Icon Posted 2010-06-04 1:15 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Is there a program out there that will do autocorrect like in Word? (E.g., type 'ty..' and it expands it on the fly to 'Thank you'.)
I'd like to use my MobilePro790 (MIPS) for rapid typing/notetaking.

If not, I'm thinking about taking a stab at writing my own program using embedded VB. Any alternatives/suggestions would be appreciated.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2010-06-04 1:29 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I'm thinking I remember a "smarttext" option in Textmaker that allowed you to enter short letters to represent entire phrases...user defined to expedite text entry.
 Top of the page
lbhsnec790 Page Icon Posted 2010-06-05 1:32 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thanks! I have another question:
I looked at the Textmaker publisher's site and it looks like they no longer have a version that will work on HPC2000 with a MIPS processor. Do you know where I could get an earlier version? Thx
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2010-06-05 5:02 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

From the Textmaker 2002 forum site:

Yes, we can send you the old version instead.

Please place a regular order for the Windows CE version. As soon as you received the download instructions, please send an email to the sales team (sales (at) softmaker.de) and refer to this thread (and my name Tobias-L). They will change your order and send you the download instruction for the old version with MIPS support.

lbhsnec790 Page Icon Posted 2010-08-10 1:14 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, it appears that the Softmaker folks have stopped selling TM 2002 altogether.
I'm now looking for a used copy, but I am confused by the Revision Numbers (405, e.g.). Does anyone know how to determine what Revision I would need? I have a Nec MP 790, MIPS, HPC2000. Thanks!
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 9