x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

windows embedded ce 6.0 r3

1 2 3 4 5
unbrained Page Icon Posted 2010-06-06 5:58 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

no luck, I tried but the language stays exactly the same
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2010-06-06 6:30 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Check your HKCU/MUI/CurLang setting, it should be 1033 in decimals. If it's not, change it and repeat the procedure from my previous post.
 Top of the page
unbrained Page Icon Posted 2010-06-06 6:56 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

omg it worked! Thank you so much!!

BUT

i changed the registry so that the mui you provided me started working (i guess it works this way) but there are a couple of icons still in chinese, as well as the menu's they open. most importantly one that handles usb and connectivity (globe with ethernetcable icon) and the globe with the calender icon which is the language and time thing I guess. Is there any way to change them as well? or what could be that problem, and would I be able to fix that myself?
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2010-06-06 7:09 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

>i changed the registry so that the mui you provided me started working (i guess it works this way) but there are a couple of icons still in chinese, as well as the menu's they open. most importantly one that handles usb and connectivity (globe with ethernetcable icon) and the globe with the calender icon which is the language and time thing I guess. Is there any way to change them as well? or what could be that problem, and would I be able to fix that myself?

I just give you all the english versions of executables (they will be uploaded soon, 22MB of them) and you will need to add .0409.mui to their names and places in \Windows directory (I hope it's not wiped after reset).

Also, pay attention, placing some of them into Windows directory can cause problems, make sure you know the way to reset your device. And place only that renamed files into windows, which you need to localise, you should have only a part of this executable pack.

Added: here it is: http://www.filefront.com/16668291/CE6_executables.zip . The password is "hpcfactor.com".

Edited by Alt Bass 2010-06-06 7:31 PM
 Top of the page
unbrained Page Icon Posted 2010-06-06 8:05 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Alt Bass - 2010-06-06 7:09 PM
Also, pay attention, placing some of them into Windows directory can cause problems, make sure you know the way to reset your device. And place only that renamed files into windows, which you need to localise, you should have only a part of this executable pack.

Super! I'll try it right away.

but how should I determine which ones I need and which ones I don't?
 Top of the page
unbrained Page Icon Posted 2010-06-06 10:37 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Oh wait, I just compare files and rename the ones that are also on my device?

edit: okay this is weird, before when you told me to edit the reg and past the config panel mui (that was 200kb) it worked, now I compared some files, try to put them in the windows map (deleted the old muis before) and it only shows copies 20kb before it says it's full?? is there any way to paste them somewhere else and it'll still work? Do they NEED to be in the windows map?

Edited by unbrained 2010-06-06 10:54 PM
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2010-06-07 5:03 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Do you have memory slider in system properties? Did you check the available storage size? Is it really so small?
 Top of the page
unbrained Page Icon Posted 2010-06-07 5:35 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Alt Bass - 2010-06-07 5:03 AM

Do you have memory slider in system properties? Did you check the available storage size? Is it really so small?

yes I do, but the weird thing is, if its all the way to the left (progams space) and it says for example 7 out of 8 mb used and I slide it towards 40 mb for storage, when I refresh the screen it says 39 out of 40 used, and then I slide it all the way to the right and it just says 1 mb less than the total, so thats weird, no matter what I slide it to it always has only 1 mb available for some reason, kind of beats the slider eh.. :S
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2010-06-07 9:13 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

That's f***in' funny and I don't know what to offer you to do.
 Top of the page
ausamah Page Icon Posted 2010-06-07 7:33 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Alt Bass - 2010-06-06 9:09 PM

>i changed the registry so that the mui you provided me started working (i guess it works this way) but there are a couple of icons still in chinese, as well as the menu's they open. most importantly one that handles usb and connectivity (globe with ethernetcable icon) and the globe with the calender icon which is the language and time thing I guess. Is there any way to change them as well? or what could be that problem, and would I be able to fix that myself?

I just give you all the english versions of executables (they will be uploaded soon, 22MB of them) and you will need to add .0409.mui to their names and places in \Windows directory (I hope it's not wiped after reset).

Added: here it is: http://www.filefront.com/16668291/CE6_executables.zip . The password is "hpcfactor.com".

ok i downloaded the executables.. could you elaborate a little more on what you mean by "add .0409.mui to their names "

do you mean for example the file name will be

iesample.exe.0409.mui

Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-06-07 7:41 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Yes, that's exactly what Alt Bass means.
 Top of the page
ausamah Page Icon Posted 2010-06-07 8:09 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

ok thanks..

another question before i get started.

do i need to do that to all the files that are same names? or just the .exe files??
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-06-07 8:18 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

All of them (.exe, .dll, .cpl, etc).
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2010-06-07 9:41 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

>.exe, .dll, .cpl, etc
Only .dll, .exe and .cpl. Only.
 Top of the page
unbrained Page Icon Posted 2010-06-08 3:54 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Okay, I'm done with this crap!

Thank you all very much for your help, but I guess this thing is just too cooked to mess with or something, or otherwise full of bugs.

One more question though, last couple of days I've also tried to look for software for this thing, but so far I haven;t been able to. Am I looking in the wrong places?

I checked wiki, and i understand that windows mobile and windows ce are not the same, only that windows mobile is running on windows ce. So my question basically is; what will windows embedded ce 6.0 run? what kind of apps wil/will not run on this thing?

Top of the page
1 2 3 4 5
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.236 - Cached queries : 70 - Executed queries : 11