x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

windows embedded ce 6.0 r3

1 2 3 4 5
vtar48 Page Icon Posted 2010-06-11 5:30 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Unbrained, I got email from pandawill (after I requested) with link to english rom. here is the link.
http://uploading.com/files/2e36328f/X10%2Bsoftware.rar/
You need to have atleast 256mb microsd card formated as FAT. Copy the files to microSD. Turn off the unit insert the card, turn on then it will start installation. after it;s done it will turn off. remove the card and turn on. enjoy it it works very good.
 Top of the page
unbrained Page Icon Posted 2010-06-11 3:13 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

omg I love you
 Top of the page
vtar48 Page Icon Posted 2010-06-11 4:56 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

So, is it working OK? the serial number needed for word, exel and email. I talked to panda they said this english windowsce is oficial version, so they promissed me that they will ask manufacturing to get them free serial, and they will email ti to me.
 Top of the page
66cat389
66cat389 Page Icon Posted 2010-06-12 5:40 AM
#
So... not to sound like a complete newb here, but where can I get software that is compatible with CE 6 r3? Is the a download site like tucows or download.com that hosts CE6 programs?
 Top of the page
unbrained Page Icon Posted 2010-06-14 7:25 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Well installed, and everything works smooth as a charm superenglish now! ^ ^

But as far as the previous poster, I have no luck so far on programs, games, apps whatever, can't find no-thing. if anybody has any luck please feel free to share

Top of the page
66cat389
66cat389 Page Icon Posted 2010-06-14 8:09 PM
#
I actually ended up trying RTFM's pack from another post and a fair amount of the programs worked well. I've also found that if you grab SWF files from the web, you can play them offline with the flash player on the device. So we can get games and stuff that way too, which is nice. I'd like to figure out how to alter the flash based interface, but it seems to be all dlls and exe files that control it. I might try to pry them apart with reshacker sometime to see what I can do with it. Still haven't gotten a serial for the office apps either so I don't know if I can get them to work or not.
 Top of the page
unbrained Page Icon Posted 2010-06-14 10:29 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

66cat389 - 2010-06-14 8:09 PM

I actually ended up trying RTFM's pack from another post and a fair amount of the programs worked well. I've also found that if you grab SWF files from the web, you can play them offline with the flash player on the device. So we can get games and stuff that way too, which is nice. I'd like to figure out how to alter the flash based interface, but it seems to be all dlls and exe files that control it. I might try to pry them apart with reshacker sometime to see what I can do with it. Still haven't gotten a serial for the office apps either so I don't know if I can get them to work or not.

RTFM's pack - I'll try that!

SWF files - how? I've tried several but they all give me an error saying a flash icon and a number. None of them so far seems to work, have you changed anything? There are a couple, but even the supersimple ones (like http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/copter) run extremely slow.

UI - If you could do that... There are so many interfaces so much better that run off earlier versions of CE, I'd love you forever.
 Top of the page
Captin Page Icon Posted 2010-06-23 11:10 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

I also have the x10 mid device and I downloaded an English version of Win CE 6.0 R3 from the pandawill forum, now the whole thing is in English.

But the sat nav doesnt get a signal properly. It takes ages to find a signal and then wont lock on as the signal appears too weak. It worked perfectly when I got the unit and before I changed it from Chinese to English CE.

I have tried all the settings. I am wondering if the English version of the Wince has a different driver for the GPS chip.

Edited by Captin 2010-06-23 11:13 AM
 Top of the page
batrady Page Icon Posted 2010-08-02 7:56 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

is it possible to upload this file again CE6_executables.zip the link is dead

Edited by batrady 2010-08-02 7:56 AM
 Top of the page
LisaHouserman Page Icon Posted 2010-09-05 5:18 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

This same thing happened to me when I got my little computer. Mine, however, was in Russian. This was so awful because I knew how to change the language but couldn't read the language in order to follow the steps. Here's what we did. A friend came over and we got a Russian to English dictionary online and compared the words and went from there. I'm trying to find you the directions to follow in terms of changing the language and will get back to you when I do. Meanwhile, try that dictionary idea. It worked for us!
 Top of the page
Captin Page Icon Posted 2010-09-05 5:46 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

The big problem with the X10 is they are flashed with the Chinese version of Windows CE 6.0 and the only way to get them into English is to flash an English Windows CE 6.0 over the top. It's not just a case of changing the language settings. This is normally done in the factory before they are sent out to English speaking countries.

It's all irrelevant now as I sold it because it was crap. There is no way to install any software on it as the Windows is in ROM only and cannot accept files. The only way to run anything is to find programs that are self contained and can run from the SD card.

The Sat-Nav is also crap. It uses real crap chips instead of something like the Sirf Star III or IV chip. Mine only worked once, and then it kept losing it's GPS lock.

The video's played ok but that's not what I bought it for. Although the in-built video player is crap, it's much better to use Core player or some other stand alone player.

Music played fine but the sound quality wasn't that good, and you have to buy an adapter to use headphones as it only has a tiny jack plug socket. (I got one from ebay for £0.01p inc shipping)

I ended up buying a 7" Sat-Nav unit from Pandawill that was half the price of the X10 but uses the Sirf Star IV GPS chip. It takes less than 1 min to get initial lock and I have 6 different Sat Nav programs to choose from on the SD card. It does everything the X10 does except the HD video mode. It also runs Windows CE 6.0.
 Top of the page
Danger
Danger Page Icon Posted 2010-09-15 2:16 AM
#
Hi, I have an Augen gentouch which basically has the same hardware as the x10. I was wondering if the wince rom from pandawill would work on my tablet. Any input would be appreciated.
 Top of the page
98801 Page Icon Posted 2010-11-02 9:32 AM
#
Will reflashing the rom delete the gps programs from my device? I would like to get it completely in english but do not want to send it all the way back to china to do it.

Thanks.
 Top of the page
Captin Page Icon Posted 2010-11-02 10:20 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

Backup your nandflash folder from your device onto your pc before you do the flash. After flashing your device will be 95% English, thee are some things that wont change, like the browser.
 Top of the page
hazimkamal Page Icon Posted 2010-11-02 3:07 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

thnx

Edited by hazimkamal 2010-11-02 3:12 PM
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4 5
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.25 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 14