x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Voyager VGA CD 140 drivers

pellos Page Icon Posted 2010-06-06 6:47 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hello,
I was trying to find driver support for the pcmcia colorgraphic voyager VGA for jornada 720. However the drivers found here (voyagercf_hpc2k_arm.exe) do not work with the jornada 720. I get an error Unidentidies PCCard Adapter. "Enter the name of the driver for this PCCard. Driver name:". I tried entering "pcardvga" or "voyager" however I get the error, when I start the voyagershadow program "load error device not available".

Does by any chance anyone has the installation CD 140 or the driver for this pcmcia card? Thanks in advance
 Top of the page
pellos Page Icon Posted 2010-06-06 10:34 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

NOTE IT IS NOT A CF CARD. IT IS THE OLDER PCMCIA.
 Top of the page
pellos
pellos Page Icon Posted 2010-06-07 11:03 AM
#
I have managed to find the driver however I have observed that the compact flash memory is disabled when the vga adapter is inserted.

Is there a registry tweak in order to make both vga card and memory card to work the same time? thanks in advance
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-06-07 6:31 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

It sounds like there's a conflict between the driver and atadisk.dll. If that's the case, I don't know if it can be solved with a registry tweak.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2010-06-07 7:40 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Hi, if you have drivers that we don't have in the HCL, would you be willing to send them in so that we can make them available to other users?

Thanks
 Top of the page
pellos
pellos Page Icon Posted 2010-06-08 9:36 AM
#
Yes you are right. I found it through a website that lets you go back in time.
The driver is called hpc_ppc.exe.

How can I send it to you?

Cheers
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2010-06-08 10:07 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

If it is under 10MB, an email to Chris would be just grand, thanks
http://www.hpcfactor.com/qlink/?linkID=4
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2010-06-08 3:40 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

He's talking about the Wayback Machine...you have to go to March 2001 to find what you need. There are different versions for the older SH3 processors, a unique one for the Intermec 6651, and other devices. They even had one specifically titled J720, though it contains several ARM versions.

For the Voyage PCMCIA card version note this: In order to make the current Voyager VGA compatible with the new PocketPC and Handheld PC 2000 devices, a Voyager hardware modification is required. Voyagers with serial numbers starting at 40xxxxx, already have the hardware modification.

Anyways, I'll send them along to you just as I downloaded them. Some components may already be duplicates of the 3 you have online.

*I just tried the software on my J728, installing the HPJ720Setup.HPC2000_2577.cab file. After installation, it was just a simple matter of going to the Windows folder and running a program called Voyager-Shadow. From there I could set my output resolution to 640x480, or 800x600. Both worked fine displaying the standard HPC screen on an external monitor.

BTW, with the card running, I was able to insert, read, and write, and remove CF cards from my unit without any problems...so maybe Pellos should try one of the versions I just uploaded to you and see if they work.
 Top of the page
Pellos
Pellos Page Icon Posted 2010-06-08 8:13 PM
#
Hello,

Yes I agree with the above although I have found other dates to work too (the cab on my programs folder is HPC2000_2577.cab). My voyager pcmcia card version (is the blue one not the older red one) with the updated hardware and serial no 40XXXX. When I softreset, with the pcmcia card inserted, the storage card is not recognised. However I have observed that when I remove and pcmcia vga card and then I softreset then storage card appears again.

The second observation I have made is that when I install the clearvue v2.11 and select external video adapter: voyager, and output to: vga, then there is no selectable video mode and when you press ok then the voyager card is not recognized any more and you have to hard reset the jornada in order to make the vga card to function again. (even uninstalling the clearvue and reinstalling the voyager drivers does not work, no vga card is recognized getting an error message). I think the clearvue v2.11 was made to support the compact flash voyager only although there might be a registry tweak to make it work.

Regards.

Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2010-06-08 9:02 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Same card here...I didn't try Clearvue, but I did Conduits PocketSlides, and it worked without error...
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2010-06-09 12:48 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Ah, reading this thread makes a little more sense on the files in the email. Unfortunately they got stripped for being the wrong type of attachment. 9_9
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2010-06-09 2:01 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Wayback Machine is weird sometimes. Yesterday I could go to old archives and find the files...but it was like as soon as I did it...then they were deleted. In the picture below you can see the page I visited...but now the files are no longer there...nor are the pages...very weird...good thing I saved the files. Anyays...resent in zipped form.

(wayback.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments wayback.jpg (78KB - 1 downloads)
 Top of the page
pellos Page Icon Posted 2010-06-09 2:42 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I have downloaded all of them. I have already sent the pcmcia drivers as you requested. Tomorrow if you wish I will send the cf drivers too. Regards

Edited by pellos 2010-06-09 2:42 PM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 68 - Executed queries : 9