x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Wireless pcmcia card Inventel WL-611BC for J720

[Frozen]
Frozen
arlex Page Icon Posted 2010-06-23 8:40 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Hi everybody!
I came accross a 16 bit wireless card Inventel WL-611BC which works fine on my laptop. But I did not manage to find any drivers for Win CE or even the Inventel brand on the usual compatibility lists (HPC Forum and Chris Herrera's). The company was acquired by Thomson so no site available any more. The card seems to have Broadcom chipset, I've been reading. If directly inserted the card is not recognized and J702 is asking for a driver name.
Any hint, please, that might help me to use it on my Jornada 720, any idea, any reference? Thanks

Edited by arlex 2010-06-23 8:44 PM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-06-23 10:19 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

A quick Web search reveals that this card has a Broadcom chipset. However, a brief search hasn't yet turned up any Windows CE drivers. You might try searching for yourself using the keywords "Broadcom 802.11b Windows CE driver."
 Top of the page
arlex Page Icon Posted 2010-06-24 7:40 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

CE Geek - 2010-06-23 5:19 PM

A quick Web search reveals that this card has a Broadcom chipset. However, a brief search hasn't yet turned up any Windows CE drivers. You might try searching for yourself using the keywords "Broadcom 802.11b Windows CE driver."

Thank you CE Geek for your suggestions. Actually that is what I did before posting in here, including looking on the broadcom site and cmonex site. Yet nothing spotted for win ce. Indeed I found Invented name associated with Broadcom, but I saw it also in association with Prism, only that I can't remember in which context. The word broadcom comes out rare enough even on this forum.
Anyway, what shall I do further to find the appropriate CE driver, any hints? Which pcmcia cards are using Broadcom drivers? Thank you!
 Top of the page
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.162 - Cached queries : 41 - Executed queries : 28