x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

tethering, BT keyboards Q's

sinephase Page Icon Posted 2010-06-27 7:42 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hey guys, hoping I can maybe get some help on this here.

I would love to be able to tether my 3G from my nokia phone (symbian s60 3rd edition) to my little CE 6.0 tablet, and though I can pair them, I can't get an IP. Maybe this is a symbian issue, in which case going out on a limb, anyone know a way to set up the phone to tether to my device?
Also, I would like a BT mini keyboard, but for what they cost, I'm unwilling to buy one without knowing for sure they work with my device. I'm using an A81 MID from witstech.
Was thinking of a keyboard kind of like this: http://usb.brando.com/mini-plam-size-bluetooth-keyboard_p01651c034d015.html

Thanks in advance for any help/ideas
 Top of the page
Dana Page Icon Posted 2010-06-29 1:33 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Unless the phone or keyboard include drivers specifically written for CE, it can't be done.
 Top of the page
sinephase Page Icon Posted 2010-07-01 12:28 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thanks for the reply. I was hoping there might be some kind of generic drivers for it. I'm assuming it'd be a DLL; is there a specific file name I could look for?
 Top of the page
Spatulator
Spatulator Page Icon Posted 2010-07-25 1:40 AM
#
I am currently typing on the a81e with wince 6 using the thinkoutside stowaway bluetooth keyboard, I think it can be bought still, I have had this one for years. To use it in CE on the aIQ just be sure bluetooth is enabled in settings, The in the control panel scan for untrusted devices, authenticate with whatever code you choose and retype that code immediately on the keyboard (Be sure the keyboard is in discorvy mode by holding ctrl and both fn buttons simultaneously) press enter, then you should only have to strike a key to link the keyboard from then on.
 Top of the page
aidan_derry
aidan_derry Page Icon Posted 2010-08-19 1:55 PM
#
What are you thoughts on the Witstech A81E.
Was thinking bout getting one have you update to 2.2 does flash work.
All views and comments welcome.

Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 59 - Executed queries : 10