x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

My CE6 10.2" Netbook

« Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next »
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2011-06-14 12:47 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I knew that, but I figured I might get lucky and come across someone with a solution. If anyone knows the inner workings of the reflash process for the WM8505, maybe (s)he can help me solve this.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-06-14 11:48 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Maybe they were different. The one hosted here is the one I used many many times, never with an error...
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2011-06-15 8:11 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I've seen some posts on nextvolume's site suggesting that there was more than one version. Maybe even the screen resolution was a little different.

I'm gonna shop for another one, but I may not get the same deal (about 100 USD including shipping). But I still hope to restore this one eventually, so if anyone finds a possible solution not already mentioned here, please share it here.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-06-15 7:56 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Don't know if yours is the same hardware, but when I opened mine up, on the inside on the motherboard was EPC1027 printed....
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2011-06-16 5:58 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Don't see that anywhere on the mobo on mine. On the bottom cover, though, the label does say EPC-1026.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-06-16 12:14 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I'm sorry, I was looking at the pictures again...it is EPC-1026, not 1027...but I do see that there are some 1027 netbooks, so perhaps these do come in different flavors..
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2011-06-16 6:50 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

I see the manufacturer's website has a support section, however, you have to sign in to get any help. http://www.limingzh.com/en/index.html

Edited by Yoldering 2011-06-16 6:51 PM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2011-06-19 8:59 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

A version of Android 1.9 for the 10" WM8505 was posted today on nextvolume's site:

http://devio.us/~nextvolume/via_arm/viewtopic.php?id=4&t_id=203

I flashed it onto my Wabook, and as the poster says, the boot splash screen is a bit wonky, but after that it's perfect. One big quirk in the system, though: it always says the battery is low when running on the battery. (I understand people have had issues like this with some of the CE 6 ROM images for the 7" netbook. On AC power I'm not having any problem.) Not the ideal choice for me - a slightly older version of Android, and on a non-touch screen device (Android strikes me as much more of a touch-friendly OS), but better than being trapped in a barebones version of CE. (I'd still like full CE 6.0 on a 10" netbook again soon, though.)
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2011-06-25 12:26 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

It's baaaack!

This version flashes CE 6 fine, with no screen issues at all:

http://devio.us/~nextvolume/via_arm/viewtopic.php?id=4&t_id=204

I did have to execute autorun.exe manually, though, to begin the reflash to the normal image. But I now have CE 6 back up and running on my Wabook.
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2011-06-25 1:09 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Great news!!!
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-06-25 12:06 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Wo wo!
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2011-06-25 12:10 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Is it worth a CESD and getting the tools/images into HPC:Update?
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2011-06-25 2:13 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
Hey, CE Geek--very glad to hear that you wrestled this down and figured it out.

Jake
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2011-06-25 5:14 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Not sure about putting up a CESD just yet - it's possible you have to flash another OS (eg, Android) on it first before it works. I had to reattempt a few times because it got stuck on a file part of the way through, and it wouldn't boot the safe mode after initial reflash in those cases unless I reflashed it with a version of Android first (essentially starting over). Dunno why it got stuck, but the last couple times it got stuck on the same file in SoftMaker Office. I removed that app from the \System Disk folder (since I assume it's a pirated copy anyway) and had no further problem completing the reflash successfully. I didn't think to retest it after that before I copied in all my apps, created shortcuts, and changed some Control Panel settings, and I'm hesitant to try it again just now when I might then have to do all that over again.
 Top of the page
lisace Page Icon Posted 2011-07-15 2:57 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Interesting info from Softmaker re the software on your system. My Sylvania was new with Softmaker installed...registered the same way as yours without a sticker or serial number on the bottom.
 Top of the page
« Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.25 - Cached queries : 72 - Executed queries : 9