x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

ActiveSync 4.0 error message with Outlook

The Bishop Page Icon Posted 2005-06-24 1:30 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I'm trying to sync my J720 with ActiveSync 4.0 on my desktop running Windows 2000 professional and Outlook 2000. The activesync install was ok. But when I connected the J720 an error message appeared stating that the synchronization could not occur because the Outlook default mail client was not detected and to restart my desktop or run the detect and repair in Outlook with original Outlook CD to assist. I did all of this and it still presents the same error. I went to the Microsoft support site and they said that I needed to reconfigure Outlook from Internet mail or No E-mail, to corporate work group. I did this and the message is still there. I have done all of the Windows updates. Can anyone help me. I can only synchronize my files and pocket access
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-06-24 6:28 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

The Bishop,

One of AS4's little quirks. I'm a OL2000 user as well.
Uninstall AS4, reboot (clears the daemon out of ram), run a repair install on Office (Help > Detect & Repair... -or- Repair from Add/Remove Programs and lastly ensure you're Outlook install it patched:
http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/patching/office/default.asp#mso2k

The reinstall AS4 and it should pick it up ok.
Though you wont have Inbox sync... that's just not there for 2000 (despite saying it's fully compatible). Clint reports all is OK for OL2003 though.

I await the RTW of AS4 to see if this was fixed... in the mean time I went back to AS3.8 - I needed H/PC Pro and CE2.00 sync anyway.
 Top of the page
The Bishop Page Icon Posted 2005-06-24 8:28 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Thans C:Amie, but I which one of the patches do I specificly need to download from the suggested group of files? I have downloaded the windows installer 3.1 and your suggested service packs from your review information. I would like to at least be able to sync my contacts,tasks and calendar. I'm only able to sync the files and pocket access. Thank you for your help.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-06-25 7:29 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Just click on the Office update link, it'll check for you if you are unsure.
 Top of the page
The Bishop Page Icon Posted 2005-06-26 10:18 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

C:Amie I have done the updates,patches and ran the detect and repair on my desktop with the original Office Cd. I'm still receiving the same error messages as stated above in previous mails and can not sync Outlook contacts,calendar or tasks. I can only sync my files and pocket access. Is there anything that I need to download other than all of the Office updates? Are the Outlook updates included in the Office updates with all the necessary patches? Maybe I'm missing a patch or something. Thanks for your help.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-06-27 7:11 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

The Bishop,

Intreaguing, the detect and repair fixed it for me. I shall have a think
 Top of the page
The Bishop Page Icon Posted 2005-06-29 5:08 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Hello C:Amie, have you heard of anybody else having problems with the ActiveSync 4.0 and Outlook error messages? I noticed when I tried to reload and run AS 3.8, my desktop converts the 8 meg size file to something like 81megs! and I can not get it to activate after the file seems to have been altered by my desktop. I can now only download the AS 4.0 and its giving me the same error messages. What do you think would make my desktop system alter the AS 3.8 file but not the 4.0? Intresting.

The Bishop
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-06-30 10:55 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

You've lost me.

The AS3.8 installer is 3871 MB... so I'm not sure which file you're referring to here.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 65 - Executed queries : 9