x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

MobilePro Master Page Icon Posted 2010-08-22 3:31 AM
#
Avatar image of MobilePro Master
H/PC Philosopher

I've heard that a few PDF viewing softwares that were designed for PPC work with HPC 2000. Some examples are PocketXpdf and Acrobat Reader for PocketPC. I tried with Xpdf, but after the install, it was not a valid CE application. How do I make these types of softwares work with the HPC 2000 platform. Also, technologically, how come HPC 2000 is capable of running PPC apps when other CE operating systems can't?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-08-22 8:06 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Not sure what you mean by "other CE operating systems can't." Plenty of Pocket PC apps will work on CE 4.x .net, CE 5, and CE 6 devices. Usually they need DLL files compiled for Pocket PCs, though. Adobe Reader, for example, needs the Pocket PC version of mfcce300.dll, as well as its dependencies (aygshell.dll and doclist.dll). Not only that, but many apps written for Pocket PCs can even work on H/PC Pro devices (primarily Visual Basic apps), and some even work on CE 2.0 devices (.NET Compact Framework 1.0 apps). Which version of PocketXpdf are you using? It may be a version for Windows Mobile 2003, which is based on CE 4.2 .net. There are tons of threads on these forums talking about making Pocket PC apps work on H/PCs and core CE devices.
 Top of the page
technogeist2k9 Page Icon Posted 2010-08-22 10:50 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

The source code is available for xpdf, and I'm in the process of converting it for my J720. The parser for command line args will need to be looked at again. But, so far I have successfully built the supporting goo.dll.
 Top of the page
MobilePro Master Page Icon Posted 2010-08-22 4:28 PM
#
Avatar image of MobilePro Master
H/PC Philosopher

Sorry, I'm sort of a noob. I don't do programing, I just collect vintage electronics. Anyway, are there any free pdf viewers that work with a MIPS processor on HPC 2000?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-08-22 6:04 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Adobe Reader 1.0 for Pocket PC will work:

http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/s/0067.asp
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2010-08-22 6:13 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Do a web search for "ANSYR Primer 2.3" or "ANSYR Primer 3.2" which is the newer version. They both had trial versions with builds for HPC2000 MIPS devices. The became non-functional after 30 days.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 10