x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Wifi card needed

1 2
MobilePro Master Page Icon Posted 2010-08-27 5:56 PM
#
Avatar image of MobilePro Master
H/PC Philosopher

Oh, thanks. That's what I thought it was. So, all the cards I listed a few posts up are compatible? Also, There are about ten versions of the DWL650, and none have the drivers for it. I am considering getting either that or the ORiNOCO Gold, but I'll probably get the ORiNOCO because it seems to be more popular. The DWL650 comes in the box, so it may even come with the proper driver. I really don't know.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-08-27 7:14 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

That's the one thing about the DWL650 - you need the correct version, since as you can see in the HCL, several versions aren't compatible.
 Top of the page
MobilePro Master Page Icon Posted 2010-08-27 7:47 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Yeah, don't think I'll take a chance in getting the wrong one, so I'll go with the Gold. Also, just a question before I buy it: There are many files in the drivers zip for the card. Three of them are cabinet files. Is one of them a cabinet driver installation? I don't use/don't have the ability to use ActiveSync, so I can't do a host install with the setup executable.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-08-27 7:49 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

The CAB you need will be inside the file Inflated.zip. Use the CAB named wireless.R4100.CAB.
 Top of the page
MobilePro Master Page Icon Posted 2010-08-27 8:28 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Sweet.
 Top of the page
nathanpc Page Icon Posted 2010-08-31 8:33 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I don't know your device, since you haven't said, but for me the best is the Cisco Aironet 350. I have one here that I use on my Jornada 720. It's a great wireless internet PCMCIA.
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 9