x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Cisco Aironet 350/Jornada 720 help.

jcizzle Page Icon Posted 2010-08-27 10:09 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I recently bought a Jornada 720 after not having one for years. I also purchased an Aironet 350 wifi card used which I have read works with HPC 2000 windows. There was already Aironet drivers, setup and WEP key in apps installed on my 720 when it was sent to me..

I got my Aironet card today, when I plug it in (on AC adaptor) the "activity" light blinks once and the "unidentfied pccard adapter" message comes up, asking me to name the driver... the drivers already show as being installed in the networking settings. Neither of the lights on the card light up again, unless I unplug and reinsert the card, at which point the activity light will blink again.

Please forgive and excuse my ignorance, but what exactly am I supposed to do in order to get this to work with my network. I reconfigured my home network as a "WEP" type, tried typing the key into the WEP app on the handheld, but nothing happens.

Thank you in advance for any assitance.
 Top of the page
nathanpc Page Icon Posted 2010-08-28 12:38 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Go to the Cisco site and download the lastest version of their drivers for your Aironet and install it. At least it worked with my friend and with me.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2010-08-28 11:35 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

sigh

As I have said in probably 100 other threads on this forum answering this exact same question:
Aironet drivers need to match the cards firmware version or they won't work. Update to the latest driver and firmware. Look in the HCL.
 Top of the page
nathanpc Page Icon Posted 2010-08-28 2:04 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

If you're having porblems to find yhour driver at the HCL, here is a link to the Cisco Aironet 350 drviers on it: Link snipped by C:Amie
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2010-08-28 2:36 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

You can't hotlink the HCL nathan.

The user needs to go to http://www.hpcfactor.com/hcl/
 Top of the page
nathanpc Page Icon Posted 2010-08-28 3:29 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Ok, sorry about it...
 Top of the page
jcizzle Page Icon Posted 2010-08-30 2:37 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

OK.

How do I find out what version of firmware is on the card? Nothing clearly indicates it that I can see.
 Top of the page
jcizzle Page Icon Posted 2010-08-30 3:12 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I just guessed at the version and now everything is working correctly. Thanks for your help!
 Top of the page
nathanpc Page Icon Posted 2010-08-31 8:10 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I hope that you have choosen for the version 2.70 of the firmware, that is the best one for Windows CE 3 devices. And the lastest one created for Windows CE 3...
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.312 - Cached queries : 46 - Executed queries : 31